Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keychain First Aid appears to be missing after 10.11.2 update!

I've been having some Keychain issues since the 10.11.2 update and decided I'd try Keychain First Aid but it appears to be missing from the menu. Anyone else seeing this?

Posted on Dec 8, 2015 8:15 PM

21 replies

Feb 27, 2016 5:46 PM in response to Destroyers Jeopardizer

well if somebody wants to help me get this sorted, i'd really be happy and you be appreciated. Im really hoping someone writes me really quick about this issue. im sure there is a solution to it. my system configurations are

OSX El Capitan 10.11.3 MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012)

Processor 2.9 GHz Intel Core i7.
I cannot access the keychain's first aid it doesnt show any option stating "first aid", this to "resolve my login issue with I cloud, When i get to the "Key Chain Access Preferences" and manually try to 'Reset My Default Keychain' it say's 'UNIX Invalid Argument' and thus cannot access my I cloud or other apple integrated sectors". Please help me. I would really appreciate your feedback here.
Thanks Regards.
Amnosth

User uploaded file.

User uploaded file

<Email Edited by Host>

Mar 5, 2016 10:33 PM in response to Destroyers Jeopardizer

i hope the apple team gets back at us asap. really appreciate you coming forward and stating the same issue with the downgrade of macintosh. i've had so many issues with the piece. technology is still at its development, we are fortunate to witness this. if only the apple service team got back at issues quicker, this would be termed no.1 computer company.

Mar 7, 2016 7:25 PM in response to Destroyers Jeopardizer

I finally called Apple support, and after 50 minutes and with the help of two customer service reps, they were able to solve the issue. It's too complex to reliably describe here, but I think the following may help: First, run Disk utility on the MacHD. Click First Aid. Not sure this helped but its what they told me to do first. Then, In Finder click on Go. Press the alt-option button, and Libraries will appear on the dropdown menu. Open Libraries and move the Keychains folder to the desktop. Then restart the computer. You may have to re-enter your Apple ID password or others (in my case, my Google password). It took me several restarts for this to work. Once it works, you can trash the Keychains folder you moved to the desktop.

I don't guarantee this. If you have 50 minutes to spare, I recommend calling Apple support. I have no idea why Apple doesn't post an official solution. It would save a lot of grief.

Keychain First Aid appears to be missing after 10.11.2 update!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.