Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iphone keeps showing 1009 error because I live in iran! Alot of iranian users cannot update their apps currently! What can we do?!

My Iphone keeps showing 1009 error because I live in Iran! a lot of iranian users cannot update their apps currently! I cannot even download vpn on my phone to update the apps! I dont know what to do!!!!😢

Posted on Dec 9, 2015 1:01 AM

2 replies

Dec 9, 2015 1:46 AM in response to Sogand1990

The issue appears to be with whatever carrier has contracts there to send signals to those

devices; as I've looked to older incidents of Error 1009 (iran) issues in these discussions

and there is a parallel with the local carrier issue and lack of service.

Also, with no Apple App or iTunes Store for Iran and some other countries, these errors

occur. Some times you may be able to get content, other times no. As fellow product

users, and not representatives of Apple, this is a peer-to-peer or user-to-user help area.

You may have read the "more like this" topics below the thread we are in; where examples

such as this Error 1009 exist. ...This one has several dated replies.

Sorry to not be of much help... Not sure if you could submit 'feedback' to Apple about this

issue since the cellular connectivity and data stream disruption is not owned by Apple.

Contact a mobile carrier

•Support Feedback

•Product Feedback

These may or may not be applicable to your region.

Good luck in any event...! 😎

Dec 11, 2015 11:05 AM in response to K Shaffer

i wonder what changed in last week that we have err 1009 again ! poltics is in deep relation with itunes !!! apple have to care about customers in iran , and for sure it's a big market. hope to see this problem solves in a short time , for now we have to use vpn ! to change IP ,,, instead of filtering ip apple must start app store to support iran , all iranian use fake name fake postal code etc to make an apple id ! so funny !

My iphone keeps showing 1009 error because I live in iran! Alot of iranian users cannot update their apps currently! What can we do?!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.