Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone 5s back camera has stopped working it says the my flash is disabled and my iPhone needs to cool down but iPhone is not hot this is not the first time this has happened to me I used to be able to reset my phone but now that does nothing

User uploaded file

iPhone 5s, iOS 9.2

Posted on Dec 9, 2015 1:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 25, 2017 7:24 PM

Ingo2711,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

I noticed before leaving the repair store that the camera was not working since it is the first thing my daughter started playng around with. The guy saud he couldn't have done anything to it because he had't touched it, that it was way in the back and the only thing he had done was repkace the screen...that to reach that camara he had to remove various components. I kept insisting my brother indicated it worked when he had the phone (he reset it as new and gave it ti me...however I never checked the camera before getting the screen fixed). The guy at the store took everything out to reach the camera and showed me it was not loose or anything.

That night when I arrived home I googled the problem and found the following suggestion....after having trued many things...to my amazement this weir proces fuxed the camera....and I was abke to take some pictures. However the following day the camera and flashlight were not working again. I tried the process again and it worked again....Since this dud not seem like a permanent solution I decided to reset the phone as new....but the camera and flashligh dud not work....and now this temporary solution is not working anymore. The fact that the camera did work again would indicate to me it is a sotware problem and not a hardware one. What do you think?

User uploaded file

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 25, 2017 7:24 PM in response to from0toHero

Ingo2711,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

I noticed before leaving the repair store that the camera was not working since it is the first thing my daughter started playng around with. The guy saud he couldn't have done anything to it because he had't touched it, that it was way in the back and the only thing he had done was repkace the screen...that to reach that camara he had to remove various components. I kept insisting my brother indicated it worked when he had the phone (he reset it as new and gave it ti me...however I never checked the camera before getting the screen fixed). The guy at the store took everything out to reach the camera and showed me it was not loose or anything.

That night when I arrived home I googled the problem and found the following suggestion....after having trued many things...to my amazement this weir proces fuxed the camera....and I was abke to take some pictures. However the following day the camera and flashlight were not working again. I tried the process again and it worked again....Since this dud not seem like a permanent solution I decided to reset the phone as new....but the camera and flashligh dud not work....and now this temporary solution is not working anymore. The fact that the camera did work again would indicate to me it is a sotware problem and not a hardware one. What do you think?

User uploaded file

Apr 25, 2017 6:51 PM in response to Hily

Any opening of the phone while repairing can damage parts not visible with the naked eye. Therefore its very important to only let Apple preform any service on a Apple device to avoid such things happening. If you did repair your phone in a non Apple certified repair center bring it back and explain your situation. If apple preformed the service make a genius bar appointment and show them your issue.

And before doing all that try to set up your phone as a new phone and see if the camera and flash function properly.

Dec 10, 2015 12:09 AM in response to Hayleyeason

Has the battery or screen been replaced recently?

If the force reset does not work anymore, try to set it up as new device, without using the latest backup afterwards. Set up the personal details manually and test the camera and flash function. If it works again, use the backup to restore. If the problem comes back, the backup contained damaged data, causing this issue.

In case the message still comes up, get the phone checked by visiting an Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider, or contact Apple Support to send it in.

Use iTunes to restore your iOS device to factory settings - Apple Support

Find an Apple Authorized Service Provider

iPhone - Contact Support - Apple Support

My iPhone 5s back camera has stopped working it says the my flash is disabled and my iPhone needs to cool down but iPhone is not hot this is not the first time this has happened to me I used to be able to reset my phone but now that does nothing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.