Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Pro - Physical keyboard sluggish after 9.2 update

I'm using an iPad Pro, 128GB wi-fi only with a Logitech Create keyboard case.

Prior to 9.2, the keyboard was perfectly responsive when typing. Following the update, the keyboard is now sluggish; it feels as though the software has trouble keeping up with my keystrokes. So as I'm typing, almost every other word is missing several letters and remains misspelled or gets auto-corrected to something I did not intend.

What makes me think this is a software issue (aside from the fact that the problem cropped up immediately after a software update), is that it only happens in certain apps. The typing is sluggish in the iOS Notes app, and it is sluggish when filling out fields like this in Safari. However, when I type in the Safari address bar or within the 3rd party app Editorial, it works fine.

is anyone else encountering this? Are there any fixes aside waiting for a software update? If you are encountering this issue, please note which keyboard you are using with the iPad.

iPad, iOS 9.2, iPad Pro

Posted on Dec 9, 2015 4:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 9, 2015 4:55 PM

First thing I'd try would be:

Force Restart (won't affect settings/data/music/apps/etc)

1. Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button

2. Press and hold the Home button

3. Keep holding both buttons until the display turns off, then back on displaying the Apple logo.

Then forget the Bluetooth connection between the iPad Pro and the keyboard, the re-pair the two.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 9, 2015 4:55 PM in response to samwise8585

First thing I'd try would be:

Force Restart (won't affect settings/data/music/apps/etc)

1. Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button

2. Press and hold the Home button

3. Keep holding both buttons until the display turns off, then back on displaying the Apple logo.

Then forget the Bluetooth connection between the iPad Pro and the keyboard, the re-pair the two.

Dec 16, 2015 1:59 AM in response to samwise8585

Exactly the same issues since updating to iOS 9.2

I spoke to Logitech Support this morning and they didn't seem to have a clue about the problem. I was using my iPad Pro nearly all day for typing instead of my laptop, but now it is literally useless unless I carry around my Apple Bluetooth Keyboard. If this is an issue with iOS then a fix needs to happen quick as it seems to be widely reported.

The sad thing is that the Apple Keyboard Cover works without a fault, but you can't get hold of them in the UK at the moment!! Everyone is stuck who purchased the Logitech CREATE in the UK as currently order times are 4-5 weeks for the Apple Keyboard Cover. Not to mention the Apple Stores I visited are actively pushing you towards the Logitech one as they don't have another alternative!

iPad Pro - Physical keyboard sluggish after 9.2 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.