Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I've deleted the backup but my iPod still won't backup. (Corrupt or not compatible)

"iTunes could not back up the iPod because the backup was corrupt or not compatible with the iPod."

So, I've deleted the backup. What do I do now?

iPod touch, iOS 3.1.3

Posted on Dec 9, 2015 6:08 PM

3 replies

Dec 9, 2015 8:04 PM in response to ThanFromIowa

Same problem here, all of a sudden after the last Itunes update (12.3.1) my ipodT G2 (3.1.3) cannot sync on my MBpro (10.8.5) because it told me backup corrupt, delete and try again.

I deleted the backup, tried again, doesn't work. I tried downloading all the apps (new itunes has changed updates process apparently (from apple support forum)). that didn't work.

Worse, now my backup is gone, and itunes says this Ipod has never been backed up on this computer.

Any suggestion

Apr 4, 2016 2:21 PM in response to ThanFromIowa

I have this problem as well. It started after I upgraded my Mac OS to El Capitan and updated iTunes to the latest version. I deleted my iPod Touch backup as per the error message but that didn't resolve the problem. There is an Apple Support document titled "If you can't make an iTunes backup of your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch". It is available at https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203271 . I followed the steps listed there including resetting the Lockdown folder. I still can't get iTunes to back up my iPod touch. My iPod touch is older (first generation, I think) running IOS 3.1.3. The IOS can't be upgraded any further. If anyone has any suggestions, they would be greatly appreciated.

I've deleted the backup but my iPod still won't backup. (Corrupt or not compatible)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.