Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Youtube full screen mode only shows 1/4 of the video

This is what I see with Youtube videos in Safari when I go full screen:

Only the upper left quadrant of the video screen has content. The rest of the screen is black.

User uploaded file

I have watched other videos in full screen on other websites, and it worked fine.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Dec 9, 2015 5:50 PM

25 replies

Dec 11, 2015 4:52 AM in response to youthere1

I too have had the same problem. I recently upgraded to OS X El Capitan 10.11.2 when the problem started. However, I also upgraded my little Macbook and it does NOT have the problem.

The split or half screen only occurs on my MacMini/Thunderbolt display. Clicking several times on the screen opens it to full screen...pause, click to start...opens to full screen.

However, I used Firefox as an alternative to Safari, and it does not occur on Firefox.

Any thoughts or suggestions. Thanks.

Dec 15, 2015 8:07 AM in response to Kiroberos

I have the solution for this error with Safari and Youtube. It's very easy, after all. Follow these steps:

1. Download ADWARE MEDIC (http://www.adwaremedic.com/). It's the ONLY APPLICATION authorized by Apple.

2. Install, open and click on "Scan".

3. Remove all malware.

4. Close the application.

5. Open "Finder", hold down the Alt button and click on "Go to" > "Library".

6. Look for the "Preferences " folder and duplicate it in the same place.

7. Now, you must have "Preferences" and "Preferences copy". If you have, delete "Preferences".

8. Restart your computer.

9. Check Youtube.

😉

Youtube full screen mode only shows 1/4 of the video

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.