Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ATV4 and the CVV verification loop

Hi All,

I have an ATV4 and when I try to buy from iTunes I have a popup asking the CVV of my card, I enter the number and the popup appears again, in a loop.

I tried to update the CVV in iTunes, iCloud, Apple Store... nothing, the strange fact is that I can purchase or rent a film from my ATV 3 and watch it from my ATV 4.

I've tried as well to restart, log out/log in, reset... I'm out of ideas 🙂

Any suggestion ?

Thanks in advance,

Max

Apple TV (4th generation), tvOS 9.1

Posted on Dec 10, 2015 4:56 AM

15 replies

Dec 11, 2015 8:04 PM in response to Matt Sather

My suggestion to you would be the same as the OP - contact iTunes https://www.apple.com/support/itunes/contact/

being a user to user community there is nothing anyone here can do to resolve the issue. But if it were a bug with the ATV device then there would be hundreds of similar threads and "me too" comments. Even if it's a 100 that still wouldn't point directly to a bug with the device as there are thousands (tens of thousands?) of users with the new ATV worldwide...

Jan 1, 2016 12:33 PM in response to max.prs

This is a bug... Happened to me as well ... What you have to do is do the verification via iTunes, then go back to the AppleTV and log out of iCloud and log back in... Once you re-log in on your AppleTV, it'll check to see if your payment information has been recently verified (which it has) and it'll work.

Support is aware.

Jan 2, 2016 1:21 AM in response to cipher29

I tried like 20 times to do the verification, login/log out, re-insert the credit card, update my details in the cloud, in iTunes etc. but still no resolution.

Everything is working perfectly except the ATV4, my card and iTunes account account are fine... in the meantime I have to purchase the movies with the ATV3 and then use the ATV4 to watch it... annoying 😐

ATV4 and the CVV verification loop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.