Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Air 2015 powers off

Hi! I have MacBook Air (13-inch, Early 2015), i5, 4Gb RAM, 128Gb SSD.

My Mac powers off when I using next programs :

Double Commander (periodically)

IntelliJ CLion (periodically)

Unreal Engine 4 (every time when opens project)

It is very annoying since I'm programmer and I bought mac for work. I think this problem isn't in those programs because I search over the web and nothing found.

Mac runs in normal way, have normal temperature. If you guys need additional information I'll give it to you.

Thanx for answers.

MacBook Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Dec 10, 2015 2:01 PM

7 replies

Dec 12, 2015 4:45 PM in response to John Galt

Thank you for help John.

console.log says that "Previous shutdown cause: -128" that means that User canceled an operation

And every time it appears in log over that line goes

Dec 13 02:02:01 localhost kernel[0]: [[IGPU] Graphics accelerator is running in ExecutionList mode.

Dec 13 02:02:01 localhost kernel[0]: [IGPU] Graphics accelerator is using scheduler interface revision 1

Dec 13 02:02:01 localhost kernel[0]: [IGPU] Scheduler: Single channel index per command streamer

Dec 13 02:02:01 localhost kernel[0]: [IGPU] Scheduler: Process CSB using HWS.

Dec 13 02:02:01 localhost kernel[0]: [IGPU] Scheduler: PM notify enabled

Dec 13 02:02:01 localhost kernel[0]: [IGPU] Graphics Address: PPGTT, Separate Address Space

Dec 13 02:02:01 localhost kernel[0]: [IGPU] MultiForceWake Enabled: Using 3D Driver

Dec 13 02:02:01 localhost kernel[0]: Previous shutdown cause: -128

Also I found that my problem is not in software. When I'm using that software GPU of my MAC(Intel HD 6000) overheats(I found that after I installed mac fan control app).

When I set fan speed up to 6500 rpm some time I can work, but when temperature is going upper than 90 mac powers off.

Can I manually throttle my GPU to work slower but without overheat?

I'm sorry for my English.

Thanx for answers.

Dec 13, 2015 7:32 AM in response to Artmaster91

Negative shutdown codes are generally associated with a hardware fault. One possible exception is the code you described. I know that particular code (-128) accompanied a firmware update, but again that is only a personal observation for which there is no publicly available documentation.

Apple Diagnostics is not sufficiently exhaustive to conclude no other hardware fault exists. Given the fact that your MBA is under warranty, I strongly suggest you have Apple evaluate and repair it at no cost to you.

I also strongly suggest you do not install or use anything designed to circumvent the Mac's cooling system such as the "mac fan control app" you described. If your Mac is overheating, the cause must be determined and corrected. At best, using a third party product will only address a symptom of that problem. Using it could conceivably render your Mac's warranty invalid, so I strongly recommend you uninstall it prior to requesting warranty service.

Macbook Air 2015 powers off

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.