Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I connect my iPod to a Bluetooth speaker if I don't have Control Center in my Settings?

I have an older iPod touch, not sure what generation it is, but I don't have any items in Settings relating to Bluetooth. Is there no way to connect it to a Bluetooth speaker?

Aperture 3, Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Dec 10, 2015 5:16 PM

9 replies

Dec 12, 2015 1:29 AM in response to Debra Peak

As lllaass has stated, that sounds very much like a 1st generation Touch..

For the benefit of anyone else who reads this thread, my response above (Settings/General/Bluetooth) refers to a 2nd generation Touch (which can use iOS 4.2.1). It is also an older model 😉

Debra,

you could always buy yourself a Bluetooth transmitter. There are two types:

1. plugs into the headphone socket and transmits (sends) the headphone output to a Bluetooth receiver, or
  2. plugs into the 30-pin dock connector on the bottom of your iPod.

• The first type may not be loud enough, especially if you have a European Union iPod (i.e. purchased in the European Union countries) that has the limited maximum volume. (not sure if this applies to 1st gen Touch, but it does apply to the 2nd gen.) Typically, it uses its own battery for power, usually a built-in re-chargeable.
  • The second type does not have the limited maximum volume mentioned above. It takes its power from the iPod, which means the running time of your iPod will be reduced as it is supplying power to the Bluetooth transmitter.

How do I connect my iPod to a Bluetooth speaker if I don't have Control Center in my Settings?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.