Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

turn off internal microphone iphone

Hi. I would like to completely turn off all internal and external microphones of my iPhone 6S. I am running iOS 9.0.1.

Is there ANY possible way to do this. I have a broken microphone on my Bose headphones cord which I tried inserting into the phone. You would think this would work. The phone would default to the broken external mic as it usually does when plugging in headphones, and no sound would result. However it does not work, and the iPhone does not default.

I'm looking for any solution here...preferably one that doesn't involve physically breaking the phone though...

I'm an artist and this is very important for a project I'm creating. Thank you!

iPhone 6s, iOS 9.0.1

Posted on Dec 10, 2015 10:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 11, 2015 10:33 AM

I want to disable ALL mics. The phone should not be able to hear anything... any ideas?

14 replies

Apr 19, 2017 6:25 AM in response to speedskis777

I also have this need and after reading this thread my reason/requirement is different. Here is the reason I need to disable all internal microphones on my iPhone 6; I am using an extra microphone to record extremely sensitive (nearly silent) audio and need to eliminate all background and external sound and ambient noise. I have plugged in an external microphone into the phone then taped over with cotton packing the back, bottom mesh and microphone next to the headphone jack. I continue to get high fidelity external audio in the recording even though the external microphone is completely isolated with a physical shell to block all external sound. My recordings are picking up the sounds I require from the microphone but it is polluted with a mountain of external audio which is clearly coming from the phone.

Dec 11, 2015 3:16 PM in response to IdrisSeabright

Thank you for the help!

Under voice feedback it says "Siri will only beep and provide voice feedback when you are using 'Hey Siri' or when connected to a Bluetooth device, headphones, or Carplay."

However, I need to hear Siri beep without providing voice feedback AND with headphones in.

I think the only way for her to do this is by not hearing any noise, hence disabling any and all mics!

turn off internal microphone iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.