Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I transfer my pdfs on iPad to macbook?

-

iPad (3rd gen) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iOS 9.2, -

Posted on Dec 11, 2015 1:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 11, 2015 6:23 AM

The iPad documentation storage system is application based rather than filesystem based so how you do it will depend, in part, on what application you are using for your PDF files. One method that will always work is this: open the PDF in your iPad app. Either at the top of the screen or the bottom you’ll see the share icon.

User uploaded file

Click on that and check out the options. One will certainly be mail so you could mail it to yourself. There may be other options there depending on the App you are using. For example there may be the option to move the PDF to iCloud or another online service. Again, depending on the app you are using, there may be come other input/output options for transferring files into other Apps or to cloud services.

Finally, you can connect the iPad with a cable, open iTunes, search through the list of apps on your iPad and download the file to the computer that way.,

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 11, 2015 6:23 AM in response to Catooncup

The iPad documentation storage system is application based rather than filesystem based so how you do it will depend, in part, on what application you are using for your PDF files. One method that will always work is this: open the PDF in your iPad app. Either at the top of the screen or the bottom you’ll see the share icon.

User uploaded file

Click on that and check out the options. One will certainly be mail so you could mail it to yourself. There may be other options there depending on the App you are using. For example there may be the option to move the PDF to iCloud or another online service. Again, depending on the app you are using, there may be come other input/output options for transferring files into other Apps or to cloud services.

Finally, you can connect the iPad with a cable, open iTunes, search through the list of apps on your iPad and download the file to the computer that way.,

Dec 13, 2015 5:12 PM in response to Catooncup

OH! I'm so sorry, I steered you wrong. The share icon is right there, third from the left. its the one with the arrow popping out the top of the rectangle. I Assumed PDFs and books were treated the same. You know what happens when you assume. Click on the share icon, choose email and go.

How can I transfer my pdfs on iPad to macbook?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.