Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 9.2 Apple Music won't download my music to iPhone

I updated my iPhone 6 to the new iOS 9.2 and after updating it took all my music off my phone that I had downloaded, even the songs I bought off iTunes prior to Apple Music. I have a smart playlist that has every song from a specific date (I think it is from 6/1/15) that has been added to my music and when I find music I like i just download it and it downloads it to that playlist on all my devices. I use a Mac Air as my Main center for music. Now when I use the new "cloud" make available offline button on my iPhone to download my music in that playlist, which has roughly 950 songs, to download the music onto my phone it only downloads some of the songs and it puts the new dotted "downloading" circle next to the song and it doesn't move or do anything no matter what I do... Even if I try to cancel the download by tapping the "stop" button on that song it does nothing. It is like it is frozen on it or something... Then just to stop it all I tap where the new "cloud" make available offline button would be that is now the new "stop" button and when I tap that it exits out of the download of the songs but instead of keeping the song that have already been downloaded onto the iPhone it deletes every song in that playlist and makes it unavailable offline.... It is so frustrating... I don't know how to handle it. Apple is making this very freaking difficult to make your music available offline on our devices. I don't see why they can't just add a button that makes everything in your library available offline. The only thing I am probably going to end up doing is go through every song in my library which is like 2500 songs and individually making them available offline... Which I have done in the past and I have tried to do recently but again some songs just won't download... I don't know what to do. This is possibly a bug with this new update but I don't know. Any ideas??

iPhone 6, iOS 9.2, null

Posted on Dec 11, 2015 2:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 24, 2015 6:51 PM

Have you made sure your iTunes is up to date? I had a similar problem with my iPhone, and it turned out my iTunes would only sync the songs to my iPhone if it was on it's latest version.

5 replies

Jan 4, 2016 1:23 AM in response to pturecek3310

I have been using Apple Music for a few months now and began having problems about a month ago.

As I have edited and updated my playlists, I find that songs no longer download to my iPhone. Not only that, but songs that had previously "downloaded" are now gone and my iPhone cannot play them. Songs I had set as alarms before caused my phone to simply vibrate when my alarm went off because the songs were no longer on my phone.

When I touch the cloud icon or "make available offline" (before) I watch as the loading circle slowly fills as the bar rotates, and the checked iPhone icon appears. Regardless of the icon denoting that the song has downloaded, my phone cannot play the song offline. I have tried removing "downloads" and redownloading, but that has not helped.

Has anybody else had this problem?

Does anyone know how to fix this?

iPhone 6, iOS 9.2

Jan 5, 2016 10:05 PM in response to pturecek3310

****POTENTIAL SOLUTION***

So I was recently having this problem on my iPhone 5 once I upgraded to ios 9.2. The solution that I found worked was updating my iTunes to version 12.3.1 (I think someone briefly mentions this below). One additional note is that on my macbook pro i also had to upgrade to 10.11.2 (OSX El Capitan, go figure -_-). But as soon as this finished my music instantly synced with no issue at all.

Hope this helps!

iOS 9.2 Apple Music won't download my music to iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.