Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

downloading Apple Watch App on iPhone 5S

When I got to the App Store to download the Apple Watch App there are apps there that try to sell me something but I do not find the BASIC I Watch App to download to my IPhone 5S to allow me to sync my new Apple Watch. Can you help.?

Iphone 5S

Posted on Dec 12, 2015 9:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 12, 2015 8:50 PM

Hello,

Which iOS Version do you have?

15 replies

Dec 12, 2015 10:15 AM in response to GJohnson3z

Hi

To pair and set up Apple Watch, your iPhone needs to be running iOS 9 or later (current version is iOS 9.2).

To update your iPhone software, follow the instructions here:

Update the iOS software on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

You will then be able to set up your new Apple Watch by following the instructions below. The Watch app is pre-installed as part of iOS - you do not need to download or install it separately:

Set up your Apple Watch - Apple Support

If you have iOS 9 or later already, but cannot find the Watch app:

- On your iPhone, go to the Home screen > swipe down from the centre of the screen > use Search to look for "Watch".

Dec 12, 2015 8:50 PM in response to GJohnson3z

To clarify (as you have since posted the same question again):

The app is already on your iPhone. You do not need to visit the App Store to obtain it (it is included as part of iOS, so is not even available from the App Store).

Use Search on your iPhone to locate the app and search only for "Watch", not for "Apple Watch".

To access the Search feature on your iPhone, either:

• Swipe down from the centre of the screen when viewing your Home screen, or;
  • Swipe left when viewing your Home screen.

The app icon and name look like this:

User uploaded file

Dec 12, 2015 8:57 PM in response to Jonathan UK

Thank you for your advise. I tried it and still could not see the watch Icon you listed. It listed the apple site with apps for the Apple watch but not the app to link the phone to the watch. My son says there must be an issue with my phone because it works perfectly with his iPhone 6S. He could not make it work on my 5S either even though I have the 9.2 software update.

I will take it to the apple store this week to see if someone there can help me.

downloading Apple Watch App on iPhone 5S

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.