Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone: shuffle album

There is a good discussion on the 'shuffle album' mode initiated by Michael Brewer. Unfortunately it is locked due to age. Evidently this shuffle mode is available on an iPod but not an iPhone. People in Michael's thread requested this feature be added back in 2007, but I guess Apple is not listening. According to that discussion iTune on iOS can do it but you need a jailbroken iPhone to change a plist file. And now evidently iOS 9.2 can't be jailbroken, and some links in Michael's discussion are no longer active.

So if Apple would just listen, why not add this feature to iPhones as its on iPods! PLEASE!

Why am I now bringing this up?

1) I still want this mode

2) My new Honda CR-V 2015 Touring has commands for iPods. When I plug my iPhone 6 in it acts as a iPod. Most commands work, but the shuffle album mode does not. I think its because the iPhone does not have this command. Is this correct? So I guess I should stop trying. On long trips this is the mode I'd like.

Any input would be appreciated.

To anyone not clear as to what shuffle album mode is, it will play an album through in normal order than randomly pick another album.

iPhone 6, iOS 9.2

Posted on Dec 12, 2015 6:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 17, 2015 10:21 AM

If you'd like to see this mode added to the iPhone please request it at:

http://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html

Request that the Shuffle Album mode be added to the iPhone, as such it will play an album through as intended then play another album at random. The interface to car radios should use the same commands as the original iPods.

Thanks

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 17, 2015 10:21 AM in response to phillman55

If you'd like to see this mode added to the iPhone please request it at:

http://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html

Request that the Shuffle Album mode be added to the iPhone, as such it will play an album through as intended then play another album at random. The interface to car radios should use the same commands as the original iPods.

Thanks

Feb 9, 2016 9:10 PM in response to phillman55

This thread's a bit stale, but there are 3rd party apps that will do this for you (e.g. AlbumMixer, there are probably others). It works with the music that's on your device, but I don't think it would work with iCloud Music Library/ Apple Music. But it does shuffle albums (i.e. play a complete album in normal sequence, then randomly choose another album and play that in normal sequence, etc.)

iPhone: shuffle album

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.