Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Magic Keyboard Not Recognized or Battery Level Not Shown

I just purchased a Magic Keyboard and Magic Mouse 2 for my Mac Mini. I'm running OS X 10.11.2. When I select System Preferences Keyboard, I do not see the battery indicator for my Magic Keyboard. If I select About this Mac -> System Report and select Bluetooth I see my Magic Keyboard in the list. I do see the battery indicator for my Magic Mouse 2. It's almost like iOS is recognizing a different keyboard. Any ideas?

Thanks

--- Val

Mac mini, OS X El Capitan (10.11.2), iPhone 6s / iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Dec 12, 2015 6:50 PM

7 replies

Dec 13, 2015 11:48 PM in response to vpalhories

I have had the Magic Keyboard since it first came out a month ago or so and it was working just fine until today when my iMac informed me that the battery was low. So I connected the Lightning connector and noted that System Preferences-Keyboard no longer shows the battery level. Everything is working fine with the Magic Trackpad however.

The first time I looked under System Preferences it did show the Battery level but it didn't show the lightning bolt so I was concerned that it was not actually charging (which turned out to be correct, unfortunately)

I have tried turning off Bluetooth and back on with no luck.

I have tried turning off the Magic Keyboard using that tiny switch on the back, with no luck.

So I am afraid that it is going to run out of charge altogether so I guess I will have to return it to the local Apple Store (not my idea of fun)

Magic Keyboard Not Recognized or Battery Level Not Shown

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.