Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New Resound Linx 2 9 ITE And Issues

Am a veteran and just got a Resound Linx 2 9 from the local VAMC on Friday, 12/11/2015. Had downloaded several of the Resound apps for my iPhone 6s+ and was looking forward to trying it out, as I had been given Phonak for 25 years.

The fitting was not the best I'd ever had, the audiologist had huge problems trying to clear up some problem with the aids sounding highly distorted (it sounded like a digital type of distortion, maybe feedback, but, was not sibilant or too much treble or anything) and the aids kept breaking connection with the programming computer. She finally got the issue to a low enough effect that I said I'd try them over the weekend.

Had a good opportunity to try them as we had a dinner that night to attend, then a party Saturday night.

While the aids connected to my iPhone correctly, and stayed connected, I had the following issues:

1. The volume controls which I want ganged, kept changing to L & R. I was not even touching the phone several times, so, it was not finger swipes.

2. The sound enhancer when in Restaurant mode, only had Noise, the Voice was grayed out, the wind was not present. On Saturday the voice suddenly started working, but no wind. Sound enhancer doesn't even work in the All-around mode (normal?).

3. I have a Volvo with the iPhone connected to the car. Had issues trying to answer the phone and talk, since the aids seemed to want to force use of the iPhone mike, but, the car wanted me to use the car's mike. Am thinking I need to turn off the app or disable it when driving.

I did try streaming some music and it was clean and clear and loud enough (not as loud as I'd like, but, they never are). Bass is not real terrific, but, it's usable. I also was able to use the app on my Apple Watch, and it worked as well as on the iPhone.

At the party Saturday, I kept switching back and forth between All-around and Restaurant to find the best settings. In Restaurant on both days, there is intermittent distortion (again, sounds digital or overloading type "staticy"), so was not very usable.

Probably still some firmware or software updates that need to happen, but, I guess something interesting to try and use. Sounds like training on fitting them is for sure needed, though (I have seen this issue with all new aids in past).

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 9.2, 64 GB RAM

Posted on Dec 12, 2015 10:03 PM

3 replies

Dec 21, 2015 7:28 PM in response to Gmouse1

Update. I kept having problems with streaming, as, if I turned my head away from the phone, the far ear's aid dropped off. Audiologist called ReSound, and they stated that with the ITC Linx 2 9 aids, some people's heads are too thick or full of water, and attenuate the signal (??!!??). They suggested I back my head up to a wall, see if it would bounce off and go around my head (I tried, it didn't, felt stupid). t never had that issue with other brands...

Anyway, she is ordering me some over the ear aids with the larger size 13 battery (instead of 312) and larger antenna.

May 2, 2016 10:23 PM in response to Gmouse1

HI,

You probably know by now that the first pair was the first generation Linx 9.61. You were fortunate that she switched you to the second generation Linx2. I was fitted with Linx 9 in the summer of 2014. I've been struggling with them for two years. I gave up on the VA and paid a local audiologist to adjust my aids. If you can afford to do so, it would be a very worthwhile investment. I've worn aids since 1977 and never had a mechanical failure. Yet I've had four (4!) battery doors break off of the Linx. The first generation was rushed into production without adequate testing. Does that sound familiar?

I still can't hear in a restaurant.

The Linx2 fixed many, but not all of those problems.

My non-VA audiologist keeps my profile backed up. Alter each VA repair, they are returned with the profile erased. If I went to the VA, there would be a long delay for an appointment and lousy service to get my profile loaded. No problem with my audiologist.

in any case, keep getting the firmware in your aids updated. Over time that makes a difference. Unfortunately, I can't suggest a way to find out when updates are released. Resound seems to kerp it a secret, even from audiologists. FYI, the latest version is currently 4.5.7 for first generation, Linx2 would be different.

Oh, Resound doesn't like to hear from end users and has been no help at all. Evey thing is Apple's fault (they say).

May 5, 2016 6:50 AM in response to Gmouse1

I Have Linx2 RIE 762's with the size 13 battery

My audiologist wears RIE 961's with the size 213 battery

He like you doesn't thing the sound enhancer didn't do much

My 762's default to my hands free system in my Toyota Highlander but it starts out with my AIDS and then switches after a couple of seconds.

The extra width of the 62's is not a problem for me and the battery life is around 1 and a half to 2 weeks

THe 62's come with a switch that allows volume control as well as switching programs without using my iPhone

My opinion is the Linx2 61's are the same as the Linx 61's with a new processor and firmware

the Linx2 62's were a new model with a larger battery and better antenna.

WIll ibe interested in your thoughts on the 962 you are getting

New Resound Linx 2 9 ITE And Issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.