Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trying To Get Slideshow To Show Ascending Numerically

Hi Gang

I'm working with iPhoto 08

Successfully numbered 138 photos beginning #1 thru #138 - Successfully loaded all photos into labeled album & slideshow, (in groups of 10). - Slidehow plays successfully but plays in sort of a random order and does not show pictures in ascending order numerically. - Have looked at the options for 'View' 'Sort Photos' but still can't get the slideshow to play numerically? - BTW, applied random transitions.

After reading the iPhoto manual, it seems you have to actually manipulate/drag/move the photos yourself in order to get them to play numerically?

Hoping someone can help?

Thank you guys!

Mike

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8), FC7

Posted on Dec 13, 2015 8:28 AM

4 replies

Dec 13, 2015 5:30 PM in response to Old Toad

So then, as I understand you, if you'd like to get sequential order as you've assembled them, (ascending numerically), you're limited to using Classic Themes, or Ken Burns themes?

If that's the case, this process regarding 'Themes' takes place in iDVD, not something you can readily see or fix while composing the actual slide show within iPhoto 08? Correct?

I was trying to make certain the photos appeared in ascending numerical order while arranging them in the iPhoto 08 Slide Show. Apparently that's only possible if the number of photos being imported is a much smaller quantity. It would appear as soon as you start dealing with 75 or more photos, you loose that control, (it cannot be assured), that they will play numerically.

And so, as I mentioned, it would seem the only SURE way to get 100 photos or more to appear in a desired order would be to actually manually manipulate/drag/move them yourself within the iPhoto Slide Show - Correct?

Thank You

Mike

Dec 14, 2015 8:29 AM in response to ENIGMACODE

From your first post I was assuming you were creating the slideshows in iPhoto, exporting it as a QT movie and adding that movie file to the iDVD project.

To create the slideshow in iDVD from still photos I first assemble the photos in an album in the order I want.

User uploaded file

When I drag the album from the Media/Photos window in iDVD into the slideshow window the order remains the same.

User uploaded file

Have you tried that?

Dec 14, 2015 8:56 AM in response to Old Toad

Hi There my friend

Yes of course I started with an album. But I did not export as a 'QT Movie' I sent/shared (as is), to iDVD. Again the problem I'm referring is what appears to be a limitation to how well iPhoto 08 responds when you drag or import sooooo many photos into an album. I seem to always LOOSE ascending numerical order. It seems to always require MANUAL dragging/nagging/twitching/rearranging.

Thank You Toad 🙂

Mike

Trying To Get Slideshow To Show Ascending Numerically

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.