Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud for Windows 5.1 Problems

I'm running Windows 10 and have finally been able to get iCloud 5.1 installed. With iCloud 5.0, I had a very difficult time getting it installed.

Now that iCloud 5.1 is installed, whenever I run "Apple Software Update" it shows that there is an update for iCloud 5.1. But I have it installed. It there a way to get Apple Software Update to figure out that iCloud is installed? Is anyone else having this problem?

Also, in Windows 10 "iCloud Photos" is added to my Quick access in my explorer. I don't want it there so I right click on it and select "Unpin from Quick access". However, the "iCloud Photos" keeps coming back to my Quick access. Ugh! How do I get this to stop showing up?

Thanks,

Mike

iPhone 6s, iOS 9.1

Posted on Dec 13, 2015 11:17 AM

7 replies

Feb 8, 2016 4:40 AM in response to tkelvie

Same problem for me too. Running Windows 10 and have icloud 5.1 installed. The 'Apple Software' keeps reminding me that there is an update marked icloud 5.1 even though I alreay have 5.1 installed. I have also uninstalled and then re-installed icloud 5.1 but the update still persists. I've now chosen to ignore the selected update so I'm not continually prompted to update to 5.1

Any advice on a resolution to this would be greatly appreciated.

Feb 15, 2016 4:57 PM in response to MikeMcCollister

For some reason, your registry on that machine is in a bad state.

If your machine has iCloud version 5.1.0.34 installed (you can check the version of iCloud installed at Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Programs and Features) and iCloud 5.1 keep showing up on "Apple Software Update" on your Windows machine, then follow the following steps to fix the problem:

1). Update to iCloud 5.1

2). Run regedit

3). Go to: HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\UpgradeCodes\0C02866596E20E1128D16590FD7D0258

4). Keep "(Default)" and "A22E84B40BF2AFE49BE959B4E105DC96", but delete other keys.

And this will fix up your registry and the problem.

iCloud for Windows 5.1 Problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.