Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HBO & Showtime family share

Hello

i currently subscribe to HBO & Showtime via iTunes. My family would like to also watch HBO & Showtime on their iOS devices. How can I achieve this without giving them access to my iTunes account? I thought this what family sharing was for?

Thank you

Cooch

Posted on Dec 13, 2015 3:46 PM

5 replies

Dec 14, 2015 1:08 AM in response to J Cooch Lucchese

Family sharing allows your family to download eligible content from other family members : What types of content can I share with Family Sharing? - Apple Support (both HBO Now and Showtime appear to allow sharing)

If you set up family sharing, and agree to share your account's purchases with your family, your members should see your id and your purchases in the Purchased tab in the store apps on their devices and be able to download them on their device(s) : Share purchased content with Family Sharing - Apple Support

With family sharing they won't be able to do purchases on your account, but any purchases that they do on their own accounts will be charged to your account (assuming that you are the family organiser) unless they have a balance on their account (they won't be able to use a credit/debit cad on their own accounts) : Family purchases and payments - Apple Support

Dec 14, 2015 6:57 AM in response to King_Penguin

Hello King Penguin

i have downloaded HBO NOW on one family member's iPad and another's iPhone. I clicked the link at the bottom of the opening page "iTunes:Link your new subscription". I get the pop-up:

"No Purchase Found

We were unable to find a previous purchase with this account. Please check your iTunes credentials and try again."

Cooch

Dec 15, 2015 2:40 PM in response to Metaprognostication

Hello Meta

I appreciate the answer, though I am not very happy with it.

This is absolutely ridiculous. I switched from HBO GO with my cable company, which I was able to use with the rest of the family, to Apple and HBO NOW and I am now the only one able to use HBO? It was bad enough on HBO NOW that I can't watch any of the live boxing matches, but to be the only one able to watch just made the service worth way less than thru my cable company.

I'll be calling Apple to complain.

Thank you

Cooch

HBO & Showtime family share

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.