Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Using Apple pencil with mail

I am not seeing any information on the Apple website that describes how do use Apple pencil with various applications including apples mail and other native Apple iOS programs.

Apple Pencil, iOS 9.2

Posted on Dec 14, 2015 6:32 AM

13 replies

Sep 21, 2017 8:17 AM in response to herve_b

herve_b wrote:

This article does not mention Apple mail...

You're responding to a post made before the current update. And, it was also intended to show examples of what could be found by searching.

You can always provide feedback under the iPad category as the Pencil can only be used with an iPad. As long as you explain in the text what you're giving feedback about, Apple will understand.

Jun 23, 2016 10:59 PM in response to JimToz

This is totally unclear/confusing.

How do you open a new (blank) message with an attachment?? When you initiate an new email, there are NO attachments. And what kind of attachment should you use??

WHY does the website talk about marking up and drawing on your email, and show a picture of an email that's marked up if you can't do it directly on the email? There is nothing to indicate that the picture is an attachment.... Also, mail is listed as one of the apps that the pencil supposedly works on, but it appears that that is NOT TRUE!!!

Aug 6, 2016 2:21 PM in response to curious4ever

curious4ever wrote:

but I might like to add a signature or something personal in my handwriting.

That is not currently an option.

Submit your feedback to Apple here:

http://www.apple.com/feedback

Meanwhile, if you don't like the answers you're getting, rather than being rude to the people who are trying to help you, you might want to do a search. A search for "apple pencil" turned up lots of articles, including this:

http://appleinsider.com/articles/15/11/20/what-you-can-and-cannot-do-with-an-app le-pencil-on-ipad-pro

Using Apple pencil with mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.