Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to uninstall McAfee from my Macbook Pro

As a bit of a novice I down loaded McAfee for a Mac free from my internet provider (BT). Now my Macbook is ridiculously slow. I have tried to remove it but I seem to of only deleting the apps...

MacBook Pro, OS X El Capitan (10.11.1)

Posted on Dec 14, 2015 10:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 14, 2015 11:03 AM

Try these instructions:

http://www.macworld.com/article/2369022/how-to-remove-unwanted-utilities-from-yo ur-mac.html

Ciao.

4 replies

Dec 14, 2015 12:29 PM in response to cattwg

Please uninstall the McAfee product by following the instructions on whichever of the pages linked below is applicable:

How to install or uninstall McAfee Internet Security for Mac

How to manually remove VirusScan for Mac 8.6.x using a removal script

How to uninstall and reinstall McAfee Agent 4.x on Macintosh computers

Note that if you have already tried to uninstall the software, you may have to reinstall it in order to finish the job. If you have a different version of the product, the procedure may be different.

Back up all data before making any changes. Never install any "anti-virus" or "anti-malware" product again.

How to uninstall McAfee from my Macbook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.