Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

what would cause the inability to contol my mouse?

Everything was working fine, then suddenly my mouse went wild. It was moving all over the place. I couldn't control it

with my wireless mouse or my track pad. Finally, had to shut down, then rebooted and it did it again. So using the on-off button shut

down again and left off for a few minutes. Right now working right--more or less. What would be causing this to happen? I have sharing turned off.

I clear out cookies multiple times a day so no one can track me, or place unwanted cookies or plug-ins on my computer.

It's jumping around again now when I'm not touching anything. This is very hard to write because pointer keeps jumping around.

opening up things and moving to the bottom of this page or whereever it **** well pleases. HELP PLEASE. Thank you.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Dec 14, 2015 10:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 15, 2015 9:55 PM

Bluetooth devices become unresponsive

Bluetooth Interference Sources

Bluetooth Interference Sources (2)

\

If your Wi-Fi is capable of generating a 5 GHz signal, try that.

Restart the computer holding down the command - option/alt - P - R keys before the gray screen appears. Continue to hold until you hear the startup chime for the second time.

Reset NVRAM/PRAM

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 15, 2015 9:55 PM in response to racram033

Bluetooth devices become unresponsive

Bluetooth Interference Sources

Bluetooth Interference Sources (2)

\

If your Wi-Fi is capable of generating a 5 GHz signal, try that.

Restart the computer holding down the command - option/alt - P - R keys before the gray screen appears. Continue to hold until you hear the startup chime for the second time.

Reset NVRAM/PRAM

Dec 15, 2015 9:55 PM in response to racram033

Are these actions operating with anything akin to focus or purpose? Because if that's happening, then you may have somebody remotely accessing your system. As a test of this, disable networking — disconnect from your ISP at your modem or cable box preferably, or disconnect your Wi-Fi device from its network connection, or switch off Wi-Fi or disconnect the wired connection locally — and see if the problem stops. If that does help, I'd go to another computer and/or another network, and post up some details.

if the actions are not operating with any sort of purpose or focus, then see the links that Eric Root has referenced. In addition to looking for interference, also try a wired mouse, disable the Bluetooth devices, and see if that wired connection works more reliably.

If those links do not help...

If you've installed add-on performance enhancements, security tools, anti-malware tools, anti-virus tools or anything that claims to protect or optimize or clean, remove it, and try your tests again.

One of the easiest way for folks here to spot the more obvious add-on software is by downloading and running and posting the diagnostic and configuration report output generated by the Etrecheck tool. There are examples of that posted around the forums, if you want to see what that tool does and how it works.

If you've installed anything recently, or have had remote assistance or other tools installed on your system, disable or remove those.

Web cookies are entirely unrelated to mouse tracking.

In any event, get a full backup of your entire system to external storage.

Dec 15, 2015 10:04 PM in response to Eric Root

Thank you for responding. I'm not sure what caused this. I shut down again and left my computer off for a while,

then everthing was fine and has been since. My battery needs servicing and I"ve bought a new one-- just haven't had

my brother install it for me. ?? if relevant or not. Also, had just received a kindle fire I bought --the small 7" one-- for u/$40

just to see if I liked using a tablet or not before investing in a good one. I had it charging a few ft away. Don't know if

that could have caused the problem or not either. My MBPro is an older one, from summer of '09 -- may be

just getting old but when working works well, has a ton of memory avail and meets all my needs, so I hate to replace it.

Anyway, all's well right now and am replaciing battery tonight. Thanks again.

what would cause the inability to contol my mouse?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.