Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why do my playlist stop playing after the first song

I am baffled, there seems to be a new paradigm for iTunes in the 10.11 and iTunes 12.3.2.35

I create a playlist and the playlist I created in the former version are there on the left panel and play in order, now when I create a playlist there is a big screen in the center of the screen which shows the songs in the playlist:User uploaded file but the songs do not auto play, and once I get the first one to play the rest do not!!!

I had advise from another community member to select the play list with CTRL-Click over on the left pane where I was given several selections one of which was

User uploaded file

copy play order, I did that, went to the top of the window and hit the play icon, no play, selected play in the CTRL-Click window, still no play, then clicked the first song in the SINATRA CHRISTMAS list, the song play'd but the rest of them did not.

1.How do I get crated playlists to play

2. How do I get created playlists to play in order

3. What is all this 'up-next' stuff.

Please help, I have a sharp mind for a 68 year old but this is baffling.

jojoguitar

mn_usa

MacBook Pro, OS X El Capitan (10.11.2), iTUNES,

Posted on Dec 14, 2015 2:45 PM

5 replies

Mar 21, 2017 10:43 AM in response to Kenichi Watanabe

This has been driving me crazy as well. I'll play by artist, and with one, it'll play from top to bottom, then I go to someone else, and it will stop at one! Why is this set up so stupidly? And I clicked on the three dots, and there is no option to Clear, but the songs will play. Does this mean there is nothing to clear? And when there is, what exactly is being cleared? Thanks

Oh, I now see the Clear option, when I click on the three lines at the very top, not the ones at the top of the playlist. Do I have to clear everytime I want to play one song after another? And can we set it up to show the "old view"? If so, how, cause I really, really don't like this new & cumbersome version, thanks

Dec 14, 2015 3:04 PM in response to jojoguitar

This is a follow up, I found out by hunt an peck but for the life of me I don't understand the thought process of how this PLAYLIST THING WORKS,

Once you make it, you still have to select each song in the list to something called up next, or add to up next, you have 9 songs in the up next: which are from A DIFFERENT PLAYLIST.

Good luck community, and if anyone, anybody has a simple step by step process PLEASE send me the link or even a home made list I can print to study.

jojoguitar

mn_usa

Dec 14, 2015 4:39 PM in response to jojoguitar

If you want to show the playlist using the old view, on the horizontal bar that goes across the iTunes window, at the right end, there is a control. Based on the screen shot, it is set to show Playlist. Change it to show Songs. This provides the familiar plain list of songs with columns that can be sorted as desired.

For the issue with not playing the next song, look at the top of iTunes window, in the "box" with song info. Click the symbol with three dots and three lines. Click the Clear button in the drop down. Then, select your playlist and try playing a song. At the end of the song, it should proceed to the next song.

why do my playlist stop playing after the first song

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.