Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I downloaded 8 .1 on my iPad a few months ago and it became very glitchy and slow especially in the mail program

I have an iPad mini version 9.02 ..... a few months ago I downloaded the latest Apple operating system 8.1 and my iPad became very slow and glitchy especially in the mail program.... what can I do? Now it's asking me to upgrade to iOS 9 .1 and I'm afraid it'll even be worse .

iPad Mini

Posted on Dec 14, 2015 8:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 15, 2015 4:07 PM

Sorry - but what do you mean you have an iPad Mini version 9.02? What are your referring to when you cite 9.02?

Your best bet at this point is to keep the device up to date. The most current iOS version is 9.2. That is what you would be upgrading to.

Cheers,

GB

4 replies

Dec 15, 2015 4:13 PM in response to gail from maine

Thx , GB....I say that the iPad is version 9.0.2 it's just the reference I got from the about section on the iPad under settings.

I know that the most current iOS him for program is 9.2 which I have not downloaded yet......but I'm concerned about downloading it because when I downloaded the last version (which I thought was 8.1 but might've been 9.1) it really messed up the smooth functioning of the iPad. it's barely usable now, cuz it's so slow, for example when I'm in the mail program and I do a search for someone's name in the email, it used to take about three seconds ....now it takes three minutes. Any advice? Sorry I didn't reply earlier but I must've going off-line just after you responded . ms

Dec 16, 2015 8:58 AM in response to Mstarfield

OK, so you downloaded 9.0.2, which is what is showing as your Version number (the Version refers to the iOS version that you are currently running).

The upgrades to the 9.x software, (like 9.1, 9.2, etc.) are all designed to improve the general iOS level that you are currently using. So, since you are already running iOS 9.01, it is best to install any and all updates that come out for iOS 9.

I would highly recommend that you do the upgrade (after backing up your device to iCloud, iTunes, or both. Also make sure that all of your photos have been imported to your computer.) Once you have backed up and saved your current data, then go ahead and process the upgrade to 9.2.

Once you have upgraded, see how things are working, and if you continue to have specific problems, post back with details about exactly what it is you are having issues with, what is happening when you have issues, etc.

Best of luck,

GB

May 5, 2016 10:04 AM in response to gail from maine

HI GB, my once wonderful iPad mini has become virtually impossible to use ! After I downloaded the 9.2 version that you had suggested , it helped with some of the probllems although it still remain glitchy..........but then just a few days ago I downloaded the 9.3.1 OS, The device has become virtually impossible to use I can't type because there's a delay in the letters Appearing. if you use the delete key to erase,, it continues to erace even after you stopped.

all the apps are slow to come on a specially Facebook ..

IT is taking almost 10 minutes just to type this . How could they deliver such a screwed up OS??

I downloaded 8 .1 on my iPad a few months ago and it became very glitchy and slow especially in the mail program

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.