Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logitech create keyboard scratched my iPad pro screen

HI, I just bought a screen protector a couple of weeks after I got the iPad pro. I used to keep it in the Logitech create keyboard case Without the screen protector. Yesterday when I was cleaning the screen to apply the screen protector I noticed 1 line running across the top of my screen. So I tried to clean it up but it didn't come off. So I tried to gently remove the line with my finger nail and then I felt little stretches along the line. I checked closing the secreen to see if the keyboard was the one causing it and the line perfectly overlaps with the top indent of the keyboard case. Does any of you have this happened?

Thanks,

Andrea

I have attached 2 pics, the first one you can see the line left from the keyboard under the screen and the other one you can see what I mean by the keyboard indentations.

User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

Posted on Dec 15, 2015 5:10 AM

23 replies

Feb 1, 2017 11:32 AM in response to Andrea D.

Hi!
I had the same problem. I read your experiences and called Apple Support. They agreed to replace my iPad AND the keyboard since I bought them together online at Apple.
They did replaced the iPad - but they kept the keyboard, and I never received neither money back or new alternative keyboard. For 3 months now I have been trying to get response but they just ignore me now! Its impossible to get in touch with anybody and to get an explanation

I am very sure they just get people to give up by dragging the case
I am very disappointed - and cannot recommend anybody to buy online at Apple

Sep 22, 2017 7:12 AM in response to Andrea D.

Hi Andrea!
SO glad you posted this issue as I experienced this right from the start of my iPad Pro + Logitech keyboard as well. Inutrition told me it was the keyboard making this mark, brought it into the Apple Store and they swapped it out right then and there thinking it was a deficiency with the screen. Luckily I also had Apple Care. I'm now on my second and it's happening AGAIN. Thanks to this thread, I'm going to take it into Apple to see what they can do for me. I'm so disappointed in the Logitech product as well and what this has done to the iPad. Hopefully there's enough of us now to back up the reported issue that Apple won't question it. Also hope that Logitech has come to their senses to recall the product!

Dec 28, 2015 11:44 PM in response to Andrea D.

I had the same issue. I bought a new iPad Pro together with the same Logitech Keyboard the day it came into the Apple store. After a couple of days my iPad screen had the same scratches as yours. I returned it to the guys at the Apple store and they immediately replaced it free of charge and took back the keyboard (and refunded the price). They said they hadn't seen it before (it were the first days the keyboard and the iPad were sold) and wanted too keep an eye on it.

I think the problem is that when the iPad gets a bit of pressure onto it (what usually happens when you carry it in a shoulder bag or something similar) the keyboard start to scratch the screen. In my case it was only the top coating of the keyboard, but anyway really annoying.

Jan 25, 2016 6:35 AM in response to Stevie247

I had the same experience as Andrea and Stevie. I purchased my iPad Pro when it was released in November. I wanted to purchase the Apple Keyboard but it was not available. The Logitech Create seemed to be a good option and the sales rep at the Apple Store said everyone seemed to be happy with it, so I picked one up. The case, after using it for about two and a half months has its pros and cons as you have probably read about. I really enjoyed the keyboard shortcut keys for operation (heavy though). Anyway, this past Friday I was reviewing some photographs that I had taken and needed to clean the screen. At the top sure enough there was a line that seemed to be scored into the screen and I could not get it to come off. At the very least I wanted to let the Apple Store know that customers and sales staff as well should be made aware of this. I was a little nervous going back into the Apple Store on Saturday but my sales representative was fantastic. We also noticed a line at the bottom of my screen that lined up perfectly with the metal part of the Logitech Create Keyboard. They exchanged my 128 gig space grey and I ended up with the Apple Keyboard and rear cover. Just too much money spent not to protect it. I like Logitech products but customers that have this combo need to be aware of the possibility of screen damage. Thank you Apple as always for your Xtreme Customer Satisfaction. I love my Apple products!

Jan 28, 2016 3:06 PM in response to Andrea D.

I have exactly the same issue. Two scratches on my dear iPad pro, caused by the Logitech Create keyboard. Bought both of them at the online Apple store.

Because I was unable to describe the problem by phone, I went to the Den Haag Apple store in the Netherlands last saturday. There the friendly staff agreed the scrathes were caused by the keyboard but said scrathes were not under the warranty. When I pointed out I bought the keyboard at Apple for not only typing but also for the iPad's protection, as they advertise the keyboard on their own website, and thus I felt Apple was responsible for the damage done to the iPad, they said I had to call Apple online to solve the problem.

So I called and you know what? They told me to go to the Den Haag Apple store again to make diagnoses, even after the store made a statement online that they agreed with me on the scrathes and the keyboard causing them. Online, I now made an appointment for coming saturday in Den Haag. However he told me that is is only a diagnoses and they cannot promise it will be repaired or replaced for a new one.

I, as a long time Apple user buying dozens of Apple products the last 8 years am very dissappointed with the Apple service so far and sincerely hope this saturday they will repair/replace my iPad pro and refund the money for the Logitech Keyboard so I can buy the Apple keyboard, which was my first choice but unavailable that time.

Feb 11, 2016 7:39 AM in response to Andrea D.

Same problem here. Apple HK declined to replace the iPad, claiming the warranty doesn't cover the enclosure and referred me to Logitech's support page instead...

In the end, I still got a replacement because the multi-touch function was found to be faulty after extensive testing (I hadn't even realised it myself), so I was "lucky" to have a defective iPad Pro in a way.

I still opened a case with Logitech and tweeted their account to ask them how they intend to address this major design flaw. Let's see where it goes from here...

Logitech create keyboard scratched my iPad pro screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.