Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Windows 7 64bit Graphics Driver

Hi there

I am looking for some help. I play flight simulator and I have noticed that the graphics are poor at loading. I have attached images of my current intel driver version along with an updates driver version which is available. When I download and install the updated driver it for some reason just stays at the current 10. driver version and does not update. Can I update the drivers without bootcamp? I am currently using bootcamp 5.1. Any help is appreciated.User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

iMac, OS X El Capitan (10.11.2)

Posted on Dec 15, 2015 12:09 PM

12 replies

Dec 15, 2015 12:46 PM in response to jordanf93

Hmm, in advance difficult to say...

I have a mac pro 5.1 equiped with a gtx 980 ti. I too had seen this video card had been poorly supported by the standard bootcamp video driver. So i decided to install the nvidia windows driver for this card.

After i overcome my fearful tremble, i did it. Works perfect. Now the gtx 980 ti is perfectly supported for programs that are hungry for grafics performance. Star wars Battlefront has run perfectly under windows 7 inside te bootcamp environment.

And i am pretty sure, the grafics driver that is made for windows will install and work perfect with your iris.

But make a backup of your important data first, to be in the safe side, ahem, good side of the force ;-)

greetings from germany

Chris

Dec 15, 2015 12:51 PM in response to jordanf93

1. You have an iMac 14,1 which is a 21.5 in Late 2013 iMac based on Identify the model of your iMac - Apple Support .

2. From iMac (21.5-inch, Late 2013) - Technical Specifications, you can have one of these GPUs.

Graphics

• 2.7GHz
    Intel Iris Pro graphics
  • 2.9GHz
    NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M graphics processor with 1GB of GDDR5 memory

3. You have to careful with drivers because your GPU is not the stock Intel GPU. Apple will usually modify it with their own branding. Can you expand the Components tab and look at Display? It will show the specific details of the GPU.

Dec 15, 2015 1:31 PM in response to Loner T

Hi

Please see details below:

Intel Iris Pro:

Chipset Model: Intel Iris Pro

Type: GPU

Bus: Built-In

VRAM (Dynamic, Max): 1536 MB

Vendor: Intel (0x8086)

Device ID: 0x0d22

Revision ID: 0x0008

Displays:

iMac:

Display Type: LCD

Resolution: 1920 x 1080

Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Built-In: Yes

Intel Iris Pro:

Built-In: Yes

Dec 15, 2015 3:17 PM in response to jordanf93

You have a single Intel GPU. If the update fails, check Event Viewer. The Vendor ID/Product ID determines if the driver is for the specific device or not. Apple's modified versions may not allow for such an update.

There is a brute-force method to update drivers. Create a Windows System Restore point which will allow you roll back the driver in case of any issues. Right-click on the GPU in Windows Device Manager, uninstall and delete the GPU (but do not reboot). Run the driver executable if one is available. If an Inf file is available, click on Update driver -> Have Disk and point to this inf file and testify the driver will update.

Repeat this process after running the following two procedures.

Resetting the System Management Controller (SMC) on your Mac - Apple Support

How to Reset NVRAM on your Mac - Apple Support

Test.

Dec 16, 2015 12:02 AM in response to Loner T

HI thank you for your advice. I will test it out today however you say click on the executable flie after I delete the GPU file from device manager. Just wondering where exactly the exe file is located for me to click on before I test this out? And when I have followed your steps mentioned do I just go into the intel update program and download the latest version?

Windows 7 64bit Graphics Driver

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.