Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Stop dialogue Asking for iOS update

hi, i have an iPad mini 4 and it open a dialogue frequently to ask about install new iOS version... I do not want to... The options are yes... Or later... I will become crazy... Maybe i will throw it again the floor... Thanks !

Posted on Dec 15, 2015 1:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 15, 2015 1:56 PM

Delete the downloaded iOS (Settings - General - Usage - Manage Storage)

Then block iOS download on your WiFi router (add mesu.apple.com into a list of blocked sites). Or turn off WiFi while your iPad is charging.

9 replies

Apr 12, 2016 10:58 PM in response to ShagCA

Actually, this is pretty much a useless answer as, if the iPad is online at all, it will just download the update again and start nagging again.

Apple, in their infinite stupidity, can't think of a reason to not update. Well, I can.

I am saddled with this iToy for work. It has apps related to flight safety installed. Until the IT department can confirm that all necessary apps will function with the update, we can NOT install it. We can, however, be continuously nagged because someone thought it would be a good idea, and an even better (read STUPIDER) idea to prevent users from turning this annoying feature off! We can also face the risk that one unfortunate tap will cause an update we don't want, and worse, may make the iPad useless just as we initiate an approach at a foggy destination and we are trying to bring up approach data.

Blocking the Apple server is not an option, as we use these on various wifi systems around the world. Turning off wifi until the update is approved won't work, either, as it is necessary for loading flight plans, viewing documents and updating other time sensitive flight data.

So, does anyone have a real solution?

Barring that, can anyone find the twit responsible and line him or her up against a wall?

Apr 13, 2016 8:43 AM in response to Pilotpeter

Pilotpeter wrote:

Actually, this is pretty much a useless answer as, if the iPad is online at all, it will just download the update again and start nagging again.

Blocking the Apple server is not an option, as we use these on various wifi systems around the world. does anyone have a real solution?

My answer is directed towards individual home users. Of course it won't work if you connect to the internet through many public WiFi access points. If this is a work tablet, it is your IT's responsibility to control the deployment of iOS upgrade. I don't manage tablet devices at work so I have nothing to suggest.

Stop dialogue Asking for iOS update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.