Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Location Based Reminder not working with ios 9.2

Hello,

since a few days on my iphone5s with ios 9.2 the location Based REminders not working anymore.

I used this feature a lot and it worked properly for month. Now i realized that this feature is not working anymore.

Settings for the GPS location permission for the reminder app is set and i also did not changed something else in the last time.

Does anybody have the same problem with the location based reminder ??

Regards

S. Klein

iPhone 5s, iOS 9.2

Posted on Dec 16, 2015 6:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 17, 2015 12:37 PM

Hey! Try to restart your device.

Try to reset your device. This won't delete your data stored on this device.

• Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button
  • Press and hold on the Home button
  • Keep holding both buttons until the display turns off and back on with Apple logo on it.

Alternatively, you may go to Settings - General - Reset - Reset All Settings

If this does not help, restore your device to factory settings. Note that this will erase the data from your device.

Take a look this Apple Support article: Use iTunes to restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support.

As a final step, try the recovery mode. Turn your device off, then plug it to your computer with the home button pressed. Keep the Home button pressed until you see the iTunes logo on the screen of your device. After that on your computer you should see the iTunes window saying your device needs to be restored to factory settings. Click on the restore button.

More info here:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201263

If these steps don't work, contact Apple and ask for help.

https://www.apple.com/support/iphone/contact/

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 17, 2015 12:37 PM in response to theapplefallsnotfarfromtrunk

Hey! Try to restart your device.

Try to reset your device. This won't delete your data stored on this device.

• Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button
  • Press and hold on the Home button
  • Keep holding both buttons until the display turns off and back on with Apple logo on it.

Alternatively, you may go to Settings - General - Reset - Reset All Settings

If this does not help, restore your device to factory settings. Note that this will erase the data from your device.

Take a look this Apple Support article: Use iTunes to restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support.

As a final step, try the recovery mode. Turn your device off, then plug it to your computer with the home button pressed. Keep the Home button pressed until you see the iTunes logo on the screen of your device. After that on your computer you should see the iTunes window saying your device needs to be restored to factory settings. Click on the restore button.

More info here:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201263

If these steps don't work, contact Apple and ask for help.

https://www.apple.com/support/iphone/contact/

Dec 22, 2015 1:47 PM in response to theapplefallsnotfarfromtrunk

I think there is a bug. I have the 6s+ and my location services are messed up. My location based alerts are always on and they don't always work. I tried everything and still no luck. Talking with AppleCare is frustrating as they basically just read from the manual.

If I was to guess, I think calendars and reminders are not functioning with the iOS, but who knows. I also have problems with notifications, but my calendar and reminders are causing me the most problems. I didn't have this issue with my 6 and 9.1 so I thought it was hardware for a while.

Dec 22, 2015 3:16 PM in response to King of Pumkins

I just deleted my old backups to see if this would help. Don't know why this should help but it does feel like something buggy is going on with my calendar and reminders.

Do you get the dotted line arrow once you set up the reminder? I would try disabling restrictions and then try to get the geo arrow.

If you figure it out please let me know.

Jan 14, 2016 9:38 AM in response to Michaeldadof4

I tried everything and now think there is a hardware issue that Apple doesn't want to address. My GPS is off at times too; but my real issue has been that location services get stuck on (location based alerts and compass calibration). If you have had your phone for less than 14 days you can exchange it. I made the mistake of using AppleCare.

I have the Samsung chip. What chip do you have? I ended up turning my location services off. Now my battery on my Plus will get through the day.

Note that my experience with AppleCare was horrible.

Location Based Reminder not working with ios 9.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.