Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes U collection not updating

One of our iTunes U collections keeps getting stuck i.e., new content is not added to the collection even though new content is showing in the RSS feed. In iTunes U public site manager on the collections page the last feed check date/time gets stuck and even when I manually refresh the collection it doesn't change and the collection doesn't update. Yet when I click on the RSS link (next to the last feed check date/time) the RSS feed has clearly updated with new content. Upon checking the RSS feed I can see that there are no errors and it validates correctly. The only way I can resolve the problem is to delete the collection and re-add it as a completely new collection. When I do this the new content is added without any problems but obviously this is far from ideal because we lose all our subscribers and we lose our ranking in the iTunes U top collections. This is an intermittent problem which only happens periodically (once every few months) but it is very frustrating. Can anyone shed any light on this or tell me who I should contact at Apple to resolve the problem next time it happens?

This is the RSS feed URL -

http://www.lse.ac.uk/assets/richmedia/webFeeds/publicLecturesAndEvents_iTunesRss AudioPdfLatest300.xml

Windows 7

Posted on Dec 16, 2015 10:08 AM

1 reply

iTunes U collection not updating

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.