Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

endless loop on login to time warner cable

I get an endless loop when trying to sign in, it keeps going to login and flashing then going back to login page. This website allows me to watch TV through my internet connection which usually works, including HBO, movies on demand, guide, etc. Currently only Firefox works but I rather use Safari which has that problem.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X El Capitan (10.11.2), 2.5 gigahertz, core i7

Posted on Dec 16, 2015 12:07 PM

10 replies

Dec 20, 2015 2:43 PM in response to Davidbiz0303

Davidbiz0303 wrote:

I have exactly the same issue. It started recently and is present in all three of my browsers...Chrome/Safari and Firefox. Time Warner are stumped as my wife's computer signs in fine. Hers is also a macbook but running on 10.6.8.

TW are escalating the issue.

I'm thinking it's another bug with El Capitan.

If it was a bug in El Capitan, then I'd be having the same problems as well, since I too use the Time Warner Cable website to watch TV....and I have no such problems. That says it's less likely to be a system-wide problem, meaning an issue with the operating system, and more likely to be a problem with your particular computer.

Dec 20, 2015 3:34 PM in response to Davidbiz0303

Davidbiz0303 wrote:

So, I've discovered a work-around. If you go to the main TW login page for your account, sign in and select "My TV", then click on "Watch NOW"...it will take you to the TV login page but this time, it worked okay...screwy and I hope they find a solution...but this worked temporarily.

Have you tried clearing out your caches? Sometimes this can help. Go to Safari Preferences --> Advanced and at the bottom, make sure "Show Develop menu in menu bar" is checked. Then go up to Develop --> Empty Caches. Then try logging in the way you normally would.

Dec 20, 2015 5:24 PM in response to Linc Davis

It isn't a cookie or other problem suggested in the article you linked to, I think it may be some other browser like chrome or firefox causing the problem to draw more people to their browser, remember the browser wars about fifteen years ago? I didn't do any updates to the system or safari when this happened, it just started doing this by itself with no warning or cause. Firefox does live updates and I believe so does google chrome. I never ran these browsers before the problem occurred so maybe not. I tried removing cookies, history, but reseting safari is not available anymore and also repair permissions is not in disk utility anymore in El Capitan which I used quite often for EyeTV by elgato and other issues like this one. Anyone try repairing permissions using the Terminal commands to fix this?

Dec 20, 2015 7:07 PM in response to Davidbiz0303

I tried a test account on my computer that is different than the one I always use and didn't login to iCloud. Not only did safari work with TimeWarner Cable television but full screen was smooth without distortion. All my personal info is on my original login account so I don't want to have to login to the test account without iCloud to get that kind of smooth performance. Firefox does work but it is not smooth at full screen and neither was Safari when it did work with my usual user account. I will just need to wait for a software update to fix this issue, I did contact apple and they tried everything to fix it but couldn't but the last thing they recommended was trying a different test account to see if it works and it did work with excellent results except all my personal info isn't in the test account.

endless loop on login to time warner cable

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.