Looks like no oneโ€™s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Facetime "Verify Email Address"

When signing into my iPod touch for Facetime, it asked me to 'Verify an email address: A verified email address is required to sign in to Facetime." This appears in a pop-up window with a 'Verify' button. I click on it, and it takes me to the Apple account website to manage my account, but nothing to do with 'verifying my email.' Please help.

iPod touch, iOS 9.2

Posted on Dec 16, 2015 3:38 PM

20 replies

Feb 14, 2016 5:13 PM in response to R0b0t1ce

This really ****** me off. Ive wasted so much time on this on multiple days now. I just wanted to give my daughter and iPad not spend my days in Apple tech support.

I created an Apple ID for her but never got a verification email which I never noticed because nothing required it.

I used that Apple ID to sign into email, iCloud, iTunes, and Messages. All of those services work (and all require their own sign in? Geez Apple.)

However Facetime complains with this "must verify" dialog. Click "Verify" and it sends me to her account page in the browser.

THE ACCOUNT SCREEN DOES NOT HAVE A VERIFY BUTTON. You can edit email, change security questions, but no verify.

Ive seen screenshots of an old version of the page that has a button and their own help (If you didn't receive your verification or reset email - Apple Support )refers to a verify button that will resend the email but I am unable to find one anymore.

I was able to create a new email address, add it to the account, and immediately get the verification email but still cannot verify the Apple ID i care about.

As someone suggested, just use Cancel on this dialog. After a delay, Facetime works BUT the next time you try to use the app, it will ask again to verify and the whole thing will repeat again. Forget Johnny Ive, this is software design by Franz Kafka.

Feb 23, 2016 4:28 PM in response to cvaitkus

YYou're going to just love this. I had the same problem. After spending over an hour with apple and countless on my own, there is a solution. I had to log out of iMessage, iTunes, FaceTime, AND iCloud. Then in Settings>General, I reset my iPad. Do not choose the option to erase all your data! Use the option that resets your settings. You will have to log back into your wi-fi manually. Then you will need to log into iTunes, iCloud, iMessage, and FaceTime manually.

that should solve the problem. I'd it doesn't, you have to call apple and have them "remove your device" from the list of devices associated with your appleID and any other AppleIDs associated with the device.

There appears to be a problem on Apple's end, because they were getting all sorts of crazy data about my account that was not possible.

I Hope this helps.

<Edited by Host>

Facetime "Verify Email Address"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.