Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't add HSBC cards to Apple Pay on iPhone, but can on iPad

A few months ago I reset my iPhone 6 without deleting my cards from Apple Pay. Since then, I have been unable to re-add my HSBC debit and credit cards - I keep getting "Card Not Added - contact your issuer".

I have had no problems with adding cards from other banks. However, HSBC told me that because I hadn't deleted the cards properly before resetting my phone, their policy was that I had to wait 30 days before reatempting.

So after 30 days I tried again and it still didn't work. I have tried everything, from resetting all settings, to a fresh set up of the iPhone (not restoring from backup). I think the latter proves that this is related to the device and not my setup.

Then, the other day, I tried adding the HSBC cards to Apple Pay on my iPad and it worked instantly, so it's clearly nothing to do with my cards or bank account.

Can anyone suggest why my iPhone is refusing to allow me to add these particular cards to Apple Pay?

iPhone 6, iOS 9.2, null

Posted on Dec 17, 2015 9:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 12, 2017 3:20 AM

Hi

It may help to follow these steps:

• Go to: Settings > iCloud - at the bottom of the screen, Sign out.
  • Go to: Settings > Touch ID & Passcode - Turn Passcode off.
  • Restart your iPhone.
  • Sign back in to iCloud, turn Passcode back on and try again to add your card.

Note that Apple advises that you should not force restart your iPhone unless it is unresponsive and cannot be restarted normally:

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

When adding the cards, follow the steps here:

Set up Apple Pay on your iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, or Mac - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 12, 2017 3:20 AM in response to Dantheman2409

Hi

It may help to follow these steps:

• Go to: Settings > iCloud - at the bottom of the screen, Sign out.
  • Go to: Settings > Touch ID & Passcode - Turn Passcode off.
  • Restart your iPhone.
  • Sign back in to iCloud, turn Passcode back on and try again to add your card.

Note that Apple advises that you should not force restart your iPhone unless it is unresponsive and cannot be restarted normally:

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

When adding the cards, follow the steps here:

Set up Apple Pay on your iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, or Mac - Apple Support

Can't add HSBC cards to Apple Pay on iPhone, but can on iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.