Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple sent me am email saying that something got billed to me when I payed with an iTunes card

I had a $20 iTunes card and bought some tv shows and later got an email from apple with a tax receipt but thought it was nothing and then looked at it again and it said billed with my address and im really confused cause I paid with the iTunes card and is it just the tax receipt or the actual bill that is getting billed to me PLS HELP picture attached colored in bits are my personal info like addres

<Image Edited by Host to Remove Personal Information>

Posted on Dec 18, 2015 5:05 AM

1 reply

Dec 19, 2015 12:29 PM in response to thetaytay_

Hello thetaytay_,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that you had $20 from a gift card on your iTunes Store account and after making a few TV Show purchases, noticed a receipt from iTunes where it looks like your credit card was billed. This could happen if the cost of the items you purchased plus tax exceeded the $20 credit that was on your account.

The first article below explains how charges are billed to an iTunes account, with charges first being deducted from your iTunes Store credit and then any remaining amount charged to the card on file.

Which payment methods are used first?

When you make a purchase, content credits are used first, followed by Gift Certificate, iTunes Card, or Allowance Account credits. The payment method that you have on file is then charged for any remaining balance.

How iTunes Store purchases are billed - Apple Support

You can also view your purchase history to see the full amount for which you were charged for these purchases. Information on how to do this is located in the next article.

See your purchase history in the iTunes Store on a Mac or PC - Apple Support

Cheers!

Apple sent me am email saying that something got billed to me when I payed with an iTunes card

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.