Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

audiobook autoplay

Recently purchased an audiobook using iTunes. Liked listening to it in my car via iPhone 5s on my way to work. I have finished the book and have found out that every time i connect to my car via bluetooth my iPhone automatically starts playing the audiobook again. The app was previously closed and not selected. Anyone know of a fix for this?

Posted on Dec 18, 2015 9:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 20, 2016 2:11 PM

I am also having this problem. When I get in my car, IBook starts playing the last book I read even though I am "closed out" of iBook. I cannot figure it out and I am also thinking of deleting my audiobooks. Help!

7 replies

Dec 21, 2015 9:25 PM in response to c12mec

I am having this same problem. Whenever I get in my car, my phone connects to Ford SYNC and a book starts playing. This happens even when I have the car set to play the radio and not anything through bluetooth. It seemed to start happening after I had my phone connected in my car via USB and/or when I upgraded to the latest IOS. It is to the point where I think I may have to delete all of my audio books and no longer be able to listen to them in the car anymore.

Feb 23, 2016 4:58 AM in response to c12mec

Yes, this is a problem, I want the audiobook to automatically play if the App is open and I'm in the process of listening to a book, but not when the app is closed or I was streaming music when I shut the vehicle off or the vehicle is set to radio and not Bluetooth audio. Not sure where the problem is but I doubt it's on the Ford Sync side so I think Apple needs to fix it. My bluetooth headphones don't have an issue figuring out what I'm listening to and picking it back up.

audiobook autoplay

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.