Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPod 5th gen has been acting up. The time is messed up, saying its 10:37, yesterday. It won't reset my time to Edmonton time. Sometimes red or black lines will appear across the screen, then a funny sound will play and the apple logo will appear.

The only thing I remember doing that could have caused this was either;

A: when I dropped it yesterday

or

B: when I downloaded a game yesterday.

last night, I turned it completely off, only to wake up in the morning to see nothing worked and it was still on, with the wrong time.

MY wifi connection is also wavering.

i have been worried about backing my iPod up to the computer because when I had my iPod four and backed it up, recent updates and apps that I had boughten weren't on my computer so it just messed up all of my games. My new computer has not a single app, so I am worried about backing it up. If I have to do a factory reset, I haven't backed up my iPod at ALL. I dont really play any games on here, but I'm still worried about losing all of my data.

I Have ios 9 something (the one with the new Emojis)

and I CANT TAKE IT PLEASE HELP

oh and the typing is messed up, so that's why this is all messy and stuff.

iPod touch, iOS 9.2

Posted on Dec 18, 2015 10:29 AM

1 reply

Dec 18, 2015 11:01 AM in response to Emily_Blurryface

Try:

- Reset the iOS device. Nothing will be lost

Reset iOS device: Hold down the On/Off button and the Home button at the same time for at

least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

- Unsync/delete all music and resync

To delete all music go to Settings>General>Usage>Storage>Manage Storage>Music>Tap edit in upper right and then tap the minus sign by All Music

- Reset all settings

Go to Settings > General > Reset and tap Reset All Settings.

All your preferences and settings are reset. Information (such as contacts and calendars) and media (such as songs and videos) aren’t affected.

Before restoring from backup either redownload or transfer purchases to the computer

Downloading past purchases from the App Store, iBookstore, and iTunes Store

iTunes Store: Transferring purchases from your iOS device or iPod to a computer

- Restore from backup. See:

Restore your device from an iCloud or iTunes backup - Apple Support

- Restore to factory settings/new iOS device.

My iPod 5th gen has been acting up. The time is messed up, saying its 10:37, yesterday. It won't reset my time to Edmonton time. Sometimes red or black lines will appear across the screen, then a funny sound will play and the apple logo will appear.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.