Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Itunes connect tax information

Hi guys i’m from the UK and need help completing a part of my tax form. I'm an independent app developer who's looking to incorporate in app purchases into my app but in order to do this i obviously need to complete the tax form which i am struggling with. I managed to complete sections Part II: Claim of Tax Treaty Benefits.

But i am struggling with these two fields and don't know whether i need to complete either of them or leave them blank?

• 5. U.S. taxpayer identification number, if required:
  • 6. Foreign tax identifying number, if any:

Also how long does it generally take to get these forms accepted?

null-OTHER

Posted on Dec 18, 2015 2:12 PM

2 replies

Dec 2, 2016 9:53 AM in response to tunds

On the page you should see links to download tips for the tax treaty form.

Form what I gather you don't need to fill in 5 & 6 if you are not eligible to claim any applicable benefits under an income tax treaty.

With US companies it sounds like they withhold a portion of the profits for tax purposes, by filling in W-8BEN you can get a US Tax number and so claim back that withheld income only if the form applies to you.

That's where it becomes confusing, I'm guessing and only guessing here, if you are a contractor working in the US then you should fill in this extra form to get your TAX Number, not sure about Apps though.

Anyone else?

Itunes connect tax information

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.