Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone screen 5S fades while using IOS 9.2

I have found my iPhone screen gradually fades as I use it to a dull colour. I have update to latest software iOS 9.2. Battery Low Power Mode is OFF. Yet the screen seems to fade out the longer I have the device screen active. Other times I open it and the screen is already faded and then comes back.

Is anyone else have this issue. Is this a software bug anyone is aware off? Seems to be happening since the last two upgrades. Very annoying. Restarting the phone only seems to fix it temporarily then it goes back to fading out.

No moisture, no new screen on the device.

iPhone 5s, iOS 9.2

Posted on Dec 18, 2015 12:30 PM

5 replies

Dec 18, 2015 12:43 PM in response to fvanwage

Any accessibility features enabled, for example the zoom feature?

To make sure that this is not software related, set it back to factory settings, without using any backup data afterwards. Set up the rest of the personal settings manually and test the phone.

If the phone works as before the update, restore from the latest backup. If the problem comes back, the backup data contained corrupt data, causing your issues.

If it still does not work, this is a hardware issue and the phone has to be serviced by Apple or an Apple Authorized Service Provider:

Use iTunes to restore your iOS device to factory settings - Apple Support

Find an Apple Authorized Service Provider

iPhone - Contact Support - Apple Support

Dec 18, 2015 12:56 PM in response to Ingo2711

No accessibility features on for this. I have been avoiding the reseting to factory setting as it takes hours and hours to reload everything and getting my work access reinstalled. 😢

I find it hard to believe this is a corruption issues as the screen is perfectly bright and sharp when you turn on the screen.

It is more likely this is a bug in the software where the battery low power mode is running when it shouldn't or some such odd thing.

iphone screen 5S fades while using IOS 9.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.