Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

where to buy an apple iic

My first computer was an apple iic in the 1980s, I'm looking to repurche this computer system with the stand and 9 inch green monitor. What are all my options? so far I found ebay, craigslists.. is there any chance apple computer in california still has some of these units in their warehouse for sale?

apple iic-OTHER, Other OS, apple iic - prodos 3.3

Posted on Dec 19, 2015 8:37 AM

6 replies

Dec 19, 2015 7:06 PM in response to cnnx

Welcome to ASC, cnnx!

If you give the community a rough idea where you are located, you might get more targeted responses. Sometimes people see a "where can I buy" post and, without a "ballpark idea" of the OP's location, are hesitant to respond because they might refer you to a vendor thousands of miles away.

These are truly international forums so you could get answer from all over the world without a narrowing down of how far you want to travel to make a purchase.

Consider contacting a Mac Users Group in your area, often a great resource for older hardware and software. You can use this web site to search for groups near you:

http://appleusergroupresources.com/find-a-group/

Dec 20, 2015 10:31 AM in response to cnnx

Thanks! I suspect that a User group is your best option now. There should be plenty in your area. Even if some may be too far to go to meetings, most have a contact e-mail where you could leave a "looking for" question. Some may have forums like this.

Like you I once thought that companies would hold on to older models for people looking for something special. That was when I worked for government. Then I entered the private sector with a position in a manufacturing facility. I quickly learned that inventory control is several orders of magnitude more important than historical interest in the financial metrics that drive business. Stuff sitting on a warehouse floor for months or years costs a surprising amount of money in modern accounting systems! "Ship it, don't stack it!" was a common mantra.

Good luck on the hunt!

Allan

where to buy an apple iic

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.