Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sign out of iCloud account with password that is no longer valid

I changed the email and password on my Apple account, but my iPad is still signed on to iCloud under my old email. I cannot sign out of iCloud on my iPad without turning off Find My iPad, but I cannot turn off Find My iPad unless I enter the password for the old email ID, which is no longer valid. When I enter the password that I used with that old email, it says it's not valid, but I know it is the correct password for that old email. When I try to sign into the Apple account using that old email. apple.com tells me that user ID does not exist. HELP!

iPad, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Dec 19, 2015 12:17 PM

3 replies

Dec 19, 2015 1:31 PM in response to KCCap

P.S. I have read through the numerous emails on this issue and none of the suggestions works for me. I have tried changing my Apple ID back to the old email, but I keep getting the fields to enter the verify code (which was sent to my no-longer-valid email) and I cannot save the invalid email as my new Apple ID without verifying.

Dec 19, 2015 1:44 PM in response to Eric Root

Thanks for your reply. I'm not having any trouble finding my current Apple account. When I try to find the account under the iCloud email on my iPad, Apple says that account does not exist. No, of course it doesn't because I changed the email name on that account to my current email. So I can't sign out of iCloud on my iPad because there is no valid password because the account no longer exists. I can't temporarily change my current account name back to the old in order to sign out with my current password because the operation keeps sending a verify code to an email that no longer exists. Very very frustrating!!!!

Sign out of iCloud account with password that is no longer valid

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.