Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my iphone 5c apple id is saying its disabled, and i cant use my email to unblock it

my iphone 5c apple id is saying its disabled, and i cant use my email to unblock it, what do i do? its driving me mad😠

iPhone 5c, iOS 8.3

Posted on Dec 19, 2015 12:28 PM

6 replies

Jan 30, 2017 7:07 AM in response to Bobbiebarton11

Hi, Bobbiebarton11!

I am so sorry you are having these issues, I do think I know what the problem is.

If you had done a recent Apple iOS update and you could not get your Apple ID or Password right it will lock itself due to iCloud Activation lock incase you were to leave your phone unlocked, and someone were to update it and try to steal it, it will lock it's self up and be unusable.

There are a few things you can try!

1. Contact whoever your email is run by, contact customer support and ask them to reset your email and password or ask them to give it to you with security questions, and then should be able to go on https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid and get back in, if that fails do step two.

2. If you were not able to get into your account, try to find your box if you kept it for your device and get your recipet from your carrier and call Apple at 1-800-MY-APPLE (1-800-692-7753) and tell them you have a proof of purchase and you wish to speak to a Senior Adviser and they should be able to get it unlocked for you, so you have full control of the device.

3. If one and two fails call 1-800-MY-APPLE (1-800-692-7753) and ask them to reset it through security questions you got when you first set up iTunes.

If you have any other questions or you need help my name is Chris and you can reply to this question or respond on the thread.

Jan 29, 2017 10:13 PM in response to Bobbiebarton11

Hi Bobbie I also have a 5c and after I updated to iOS 10.0 my Apple ID keeps saying that it has been disabled. However it doesn't say for security or any other issue. I can't update any of my apps or use my iCloud storage and we've done the whole I forgot thing and view Apple ID. My husband and I are beginning to get highly disappointed and aggravated. I'm trying to find a Samsung galaxy or Motorola phone. I'm not taking to kindly to this aggervati

my iphone 5c apple id is saying its disabled, and i cant use my email to unblock it

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.