Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Recovery Mode won't work... Why?

I have had my Macbook Pro for a little under a year now and about a month or so ago, it started acting up. When I try to log into my user, after typing my password in, the loading bar will make it about a 12th of the way to the end and then freeze. After it freezes, it will eventually just turn off all together so I'm completely unable to access any of its contents. After doing some research, most articles were suggesting that I go into recovery mode and reset the Macbook to its factory settings (I don't mind losing all of the data on it) so I decided that would be the best bet of me ever getting to use it again! So I try to start up the computer with Cmd+R and the Apple logo shows up on the screen with a load bar below it and begins loading, gets a 12th of the way there and then freezes again!! A voice tells me to hit enter for English but the screen stays frozen on the logo and loading bar and eventually crashes just like the other one. I'm not sure what has caused this problem? I also have no idea what to do. I just want to restore it :/ I really don't even care about anything on the laptop. I just want to be able to use it again! Any suggestions? I haven't found anyone online who has ever had a problem like this.

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Dec 19, 2015 5:40 PM

1 reply

Recovery Mode won't work... Why?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.