Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Hotspot Device

I have a Mac Mini at OS10.8.5 not Intel; I think I’m unable to go further with my OS.

For a year I got off dialup by using a WiMax router with an Ethernet Cable (from Freedom Pop).

Then in Nov. 2015, Freep said "WiMax gone away" so they sent me a WiFi Mingle Netgear Hotspot.

They (Freep) have not been helpful with my problem.

I don’t have Airport so I was hoping to use Ethernet Cable like I did with the WiMax router. But the cable doesn’t have the type of connecter (like a phone plug) to go in the Ethernet Connect on my Mac.

If I plug it in where it fits, not in Ethernet, the Network panel says >>>Ethernet not connected<<< and there’s a message that says, >>>No PPPoE configurations were found.<<<

Here’s some info about the Hotspot device:

Mingle Netgear Hotspot

model : aircard 778S

Is there any way I can make this device work with my Mac Mini & OS10.5.8?

Thanx for your help.

NAG/ Lupa

Posted on Dec 19, 2015 9:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 27, 2015 12:14 AM

Is this it?

http://www.netgear.com/home/products/mobile-broadband/hotspots/778S.aspx#tab-tec hspecs

I only see that it has a USB port for charging & only accepts Wifi, does your Mini have an Airport card in it?

I have similar device from T-Mobile, & my 10.4.11/10.5.8 Minis connect just fine.

3 replies

Dec 27, 2015 12:32 AM in response to BDAqua

Thank you very much for your help! You have gotten the link correct; that is the device I have.

No, I don't have an Airport card; from system profiler it says "airport card no info" and I don't have the Airport Icon in upper R corner.

So we therefore deduce that this device is not going with my Mac unless I get Airport Card, right?

I'd appreciate point me in general direction to find compatible Airport Card. (Will I havta take my shoes off? ha ha )

Thanx and Season's Bleetings to you!

My Hotspot Device

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.