Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I download producer?

How do I download Producer when using iBooks Author and iTunes Connect to publish my recipe book free of charge?

I have created a totally separate account from my normal Mac ID after reading some of the advice given in these forums. I can now progress through the publishing sequence without any problems until the very end when I get the message to download Producer so that my book can be exported. Clicking on the link takes me to the resources and help page and there is no way I can download Producer.

I have received an email from Apple say that my iTunes Connect account has been created and I have confirmed that I created the account.

There is no clue from Apple as to why I cannot download Producer, which should be a simple process of clicking on a link as my iTunes Connect account has been created, which to me means that it is authorised.

Is this another Apple stuff up or reluctance to allow users to create iBooks?

Some help would be appreciated.

With regards

Schof

Posted on Dec 20, 2015 1:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 20, 2015 5:33 AM

Have you tried going directly to iTunesconnect with your browser and logging in there (without doing anything with iBooks Author). Resources and Help > Submit Your Book > iTunes Producer

9 replies

Dec 21, 2015 12:03 AM in response to Tom Gewecke

Hello Tom

Your advice has helped me and I have published my book. However, you did make a slight mistake in your advice.

After opening the Resources and Help page in iTunes Connect, you have to click on either Apps, Movies, Books, TV, or Music (what is displayed depends on what was last selected) at the top left of the page then select Submit Your Book > iTunes Producer to download the app. When you click at the top left, a drop down list is displayed where you can select the category you want.

With regards

Schof

Jan 2, 2016 5:13 AM in response to Ilyakaul

Ilyakaul wrote:

I can upload using epub

I don't understand what you are talking about when you say that. Can you explain? Exporting your book to epub does not upload it or submit it anywhere.

What app did you use to create your book in the first place?

If you want to put your book in Apple's iBookstore, you need to have a Mac. You can't do it with an iPad or a PC. Or you can use an Aggregator. There is a link for them in the FAQ

http://www.apple.com/itunes/working-itunes/sell-content/books/book-faq.html

Jan 2, 2016 6:38 AM in response to Tom Gewecke

I really do appreciate you trying to help me. It is very nice of you. Ok, this is what I do. I go to pages, I write my book, I upload with epub, and then I can read it like a digital book. It puts them on my shelf too. But in order for other people to read it, I wanted it in the store. Today, I will explore trying it on computer and checking this link you gave me.

How do I download producer?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.