Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Gamecenter isn't working on iOS 9.2

Hey Community,

Today I downloaded an app what needs (i think) gamecenter to start.

(Btw: it's Angry Birds 2)

The app stopped loading at "logging in..."

I checked the App on the Homescreen: freezes

checked the app in the settings: also freezes...

After a few restarts of my Phone, gamecenter will load and work for a few days.

If someone is asking:

I Have the problem since iOS 9.0

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 9.2, null

Posted on Dec 20, 2015 2:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 21, 2015 1:13 PM

Greetings alexanderfromlinz,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that you are having an issue logging in to an app that uses Game Center on your iPhone. To troubleshoot this situation, I would recommend closing both Angry Birds and Game Center completely and then restarting your iPhone.

To close both of these apps, please use the instructions located in the following article.

Force an app to close in iOS - Apple Support

Once both apps have been closed, restart your iPhone by following the steps in the next article.

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Once your iPhone has been restarted, try opening Game Center and Angry Birds and test them out.

Have a great day!

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 21, 2015 1:13 PM in response to alexanderfromlinz

Greetings alexanderfromlinz,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that you are having an issue logging in to an app that uses Game Center on your iPhone. To troubleshoot this situation, I would recommend closing both Angry Birds and Game Center completely and then restarting your iPhone.

To close both of these apps, please use the instructions located in the following article.

Force an app to close in iOS - Apple Support

Once both apps have been closed, restart your iPhone by following the steps in the next article.

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Once your iPhone has been restarted, try opening Game Center and Angry Birds and test them out.

Have a great day!

Dec 21, 2015 8:05 PM in response to AppleJoe

I am having the same issue except it's with gamecenter and Galaxy of Heroes.

I have followed the steps above several times - closing all apps and restarting the phone.

After I have done that, I still have the same problems.

1) If I open gamecenter using the app icon, I get a blank screen that doesn't go away.

2) if I go to Settings and select GameCenter, the screen hangs and nothing happens.

This has been going on for several days now.

Dec 27, 2015 2:46 AM in response to alexanderfromlinz

My GameCenter was broken on all ios 9 versions. When 9.2 came out it got fixed, which made me incredibly happy. Today however, I was playing a game called Warshipcraft, when my phone powers down because I had ran out of battery. I charge it back up and try to reopen the app and it crashes. Then I realize it may need Gamecenter to run, so I try to open Gamecenter and low and behold, it's a white screen. I would really appreciate if this could be fixed soon, I've tried multiple times rebooting after all apps are closed, but it is still not fixed. Thanks!

Gamecenter isn't working on iOS 9.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.