Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Soundtrack Pro 3.0.1 on New iMac - License Issue at First Time Use

I just migrated all my files from a 24" iMac (2009) to a new 27" iMac. When I try to use Soundtrack Pro (first time) it wants the ORIGINAL license number and won't accept the upgraded license number. REALLY?! What can I do if I don't have the original license number. Am I screwed? If so, what audio file editor do you recommend? The one in FCPX does NOT have all the functionality I require.

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015), OS X El Capitan (10.11.2)

Posted on Dec 20, 2015 8:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 20, 2015 8:43 PM

HeadMaverick wrote:

I just migrated all my files from a 24" iMac (2009) to a new 27" iMac. When I try to use Soundtrack Pro (first time) it wants the ORIGINAL license number and won't accept the upgraded license number. REALLY?!

When you first instal FCS apps, their serial numbers are locked to the logic board of the computer you are installing on. This was to prevent illegal copying of the apps.

What can I do if I don't have the original license number.

If you have any kind of documentation, see if the article helps:

Pro Application replacement serial numbers - Apple Support

MtD

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 20, 2015 8:43 PM in response to HeadMaverick

HeadMaverick wrote:

I just migrated all my files from a 24" iMac (2009) to a new 27" iMac. When I try to use Soundtrack Pro (first time) it wants the ORIGINAL license number and won't accept the upgraded license number. REALLY?!

When you first instal FCS apps, their serial numbers are locked to the logic board of the computer you are installing on. This was to prevent illegal copying of the apps.

What can I do if I don't have the original license number.

If you have any kind of documentation, see if the article helps:

Pro Application replacement serial numbers - Apple Support

MtD

Soundtrack Pro 3.0.1 on New iMac - License Issue at First Time Use

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.