Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple pencil charger

Any idea on when chargers will be made available? I lost the one that came with my pencil. Additionally when will replacement tips be made available.

Thank you

Apple Pencil-OTHER

Posted on Dec 20, 2015 1:56 AM

11 replies

Dec 20, 2015 4:43 AM in response to CoachBergman

There was no power supply with the pencil as you can just plug it into your iPad Pro and charge it from the iPad itself. You should also have had a spare tip in the package with the pencil. Like all Apple SMART lithium battery devices the pencil is its own charger and it just needs power from any lightening port power supply (iPad or iPhone power brick, a USB port or an IPad itself).

If you kept the lightening adapter piece you can also use that and just plug it into your iPad Pro power supply to charge it. I've charged my pencil from both my iPad Pro, my iPad Air and the 12w power brick that came with the iPad Pro.

Feb 13, 2016 7:21 AM in response to CoachBergman

My female to female pencil adapter doesn't work. I had originally thought that my pencil was just discharging when not in use. after leaving it on a charge for the night I assumed without checking that the pencil was fully charged. I charged the pencil for an hour then checked its charge on the ipad pro but it hadn't changed. So now I know that the adapter is defective. My pencil is about two weeks old since I received it. I checked it on multiple cords and blocks just to be sure.

I called apple support. First the person told me repeatedly that the pencil was designed to be charged only on the ipad. despite telling him repeatedly that the adapter came with the pencil, he finally got it. He checked the serial number and told me that apple doesn't let them know about changes in hardware.

He finally found the product to send me a replacement. He then tells me that the adapter isn't covered by the warranty. Apple wants $10 to replace their defective adapter. I pointed out to him that I can return the pencil and get a new one for free! It didn't phase him. I asked to speak to a supervisor, he said he was a supervisor. I asked him to email me the warranty. He emailed me a link to the service contract. He seems to be confusing the service contract terms with a warranty on the original product.

I checked the apple site and found out that Canada has a federal law on warranties which defines the usability of the product as the test for warranty.So in Canada it is covered. I think the states have laws on warranties. Nonetheless, this adapter is defective by manufacturing defect not from use. I don't know of anyone who wouldn't replace the adapter under these circumstances. I'm going to take the Pencil to the apple store to speak to a manager.

This is ridiculous.

Apple pencil charger

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.