Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

remove connected wifi device

Hello, when turn on wifi, on the router list, there is a wifi device shown under "device" below the regular routers list. This indicated it had connected to my computer before, perhaps without my knowing. How could I remove it and its related setting stored in my computer?

OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Dec 20, 2015 7:33 AM

5 replies

Feb 17, 2016 11:04 AM in response to Csound1

It is on wifi list of menu bar. "Device" is above join other network/above create network, could "setup" be a computer-to-computer network name? I have not created such C2C network... Also, found a keychain named as : com.apple.ids: localdevice4e20d323-dcbc-5100-96a5-8944aeb7c032-AuthToken. Are these related and how to remove it if on my mac. Wonder if that causes nternet browsing goes slow or got stuck from time-to-time...

User uploaded file

May 3, 2016 3:25 PM in response to sunnyjoey

Certain new out of the box Printers will create their own temporary network-of-one that looks just like that, so that it can be spoon-fed the actual network-name, IP address, encryption method, and password.

That may be a printer one of your neighbors is trying to set up. If they are successful at setting it up, it will then switch over from being its own tiny network to being a station on the owners' network. Then it will no longer be visible to you.

remove connected wifi device

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.