Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

A couple of tweaks for voiceover on Apple Watch...

Just got my Apple Watch last week - awesome. I am a vision impaired person and turned on voiceover on the watch. I now get it - the watch is a window into the day to day important stuff on my phone, keeping me alerted to new texts, emails, and other notifications.

There's a couple of things I'd like to request as improvements to voiceover on the watch. If there's already a solution, then please let me know.

1 - There's a great feature on the watch that lets you cover the face of the watch with your palm and it mutes incoming calls, sounds etc. It would be great if the same action when voice over is enabled, mutes voiceover. On a couple of occasions I've got voiceover to start reading a message and then someone has started talking to me, or I've got the gist of themessage and don't want it to read on. Being able to simply put my hand over the watch to stop it talking to me would be fantastic?...

2 - If I get a text message or a message in Watsapp, I can just tap the screen once and it reads me the entire message. If I get an email though, I seem to have to tap different parts of the screen to read the message. One part of the screen reads the subject, another part of the screen reads out who it's from and another part of the screen starts reading the email, but only the bit thats visible on the screen. I'm happy for this to be a setting, but it would be great if I just tapped the screen once and it reads the entire message. This coupled with my enhancement above would mean I'd be able to stop voiceover reading the email once I'd heard enough.

I'd be keen to hear if anyone else thinks the above would be useful or if there's already a way to achieve what I'm looking for....

Cheers!

David

Apple Watch 42mm, watchOS 2.1

Posted on Dec 20, 2015 12:17 PM

1 reply

A couple of tweaks for voiceover on Apple Watch...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.