Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad pro video stopped playing After update 9.2

Since the update 9.2 any video on my iPad pro willl not play. I first noticed this after taking a video and trying to play it back. There is a long pause, maybe 2 minutes and then you can hear sound from the video but the screen remains black. Then I tried to pay a video on amazon (demo video of a product) and it will not show video but after a long pause, I can hear what it is saying.

I Then tried youtube and the same result, no video, only sound after a long pause.

I have had no issues with the iPad prior to this update which happened a few days ago. I have rebooted but have yet to reset the iPad from new.

Any suggestions what could be wrong and how to fix it?

Posted on Dec 20, 2015 4:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 27, 2016 6:29 PM

Same here. Not single app showing me any video at all:

- Safari (trying to watch YouTube)

- YouTube (installed afterwards to check if this was a Safari-specific issue)

- Vimeo

- Podcast

- Photos (videos I shoot and could watch on my iPhone)

- FaceTime

Not even a cinematic inside a game app I was playing yesterday... I'm not sure about trying a beta as a solution, particularly if I can't find data that confirms the beta solves this issue.

Thoughts? ideas?

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 27, 2016 6:29 PM in response to MalibuCA

Same here. Not single app showing me any video at all:

- Safari (trying to watch YouTube)

- YouTube (installed afterwards to check if this was a Safari-specific issue)

- Vimeo

- Podcast

- Photos (videos I shoot and could watch on my iPhone)

- FaceTime

Not even a cinematic inside a game app I was playing yesterday... I'm not sure about trying a beta as a solution, particularly if I can't find data that confirms the beta solves this issue.

Thoughts? ideas?

Jan 28, 2016 4:54 PM in response to MalibuCA

Same here. video is stopped or black screen, while the sound keeps going. Safari and YouTube, seems like it doesn't matter what the app is. I clicked on a news headline in the search page, then played the video on the page but it just had sound, so I hit the home button and could still hear the audio playing from that video. I had to go back to search to view the article, to click the video and pause it, in order to stop the audio.

I Rebooted the iPad pro by holding power and home, and then came back, opened the YouTube app, video was working for a few vids but stopped working again. This thing costs way too much to be doing this after just a month of use. But I still love you iPad Pro, even if you the blues, the drawing experience is pure awesome! Get well soon! 😝

Jan 31, 2016 2:33 PM in response to MalibuCA

I Have the same problem with my IPad Pro. No videos at all apart from the audio. What amuses me is the amount of time Apple takes to respond. For sure there must be an update to rectify this. It is less than three months I visited apple shop with a faulty iPhone 6Plus. Now I have to arrange an appointment with an iPad which is less than a month old. Time is precious and these trips cost me. Hope they do something.

iPad pro video stopped playing After update 9.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.