Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

mac pro 2013 iTunes stuttering on all songs

iTunes stuttering when playing any song.

Mac pro Late 2013 OS 10.11.2 (15C50)

3.7 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon E5

12 GB 1866 MHz DDR3 ECC

AMD FirePro D300 2048 MB

SSD 250GB

Mac Pro, OS X El Capitan (10.11.2), Mac pro Late 2013 OS 10.11.2 (15C50

Posted on Dec 21, 2015 11:05 AM

9 replies

Dec 22, 2015 5:48 AM in response to Blueyedea

Please back up all data.

As a test, move the iTunes library folder from the Music folder (or wherever you keep it in your home folder) to the Desktop. If you've moved the library folder to another volume, unmount the volume.

Quit and relaunch the application. It may prompt you to create a new library, or to select an existing one. Create a new one and import a few tracks. Test.

After testing, quit again and put the original library back where it was, replacing the test library. Post your results.

Feb 12, 2016 7:02 PM in response to Blueyedea

I've been battling playback stutter in iTunes for ages, especially when music is being buffered over the internet or wi-fi network to my device. All my issues were fixed when I went to iTunes >Preferences>Playback and I unchecked Crossfade Songs, Sound Enhancer and Sound Check; then OK. All sorted. The fluency is 100% and haven't really noticed a change in audio quality.

mac pro 2013 iTunes stuttering on all songs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.